Is it possible to boot from a PCI-E x1 to SATA3 adapter?

I'm considering to buy this adapter to connect an SSD to it and install Windows 10 on the SSD. But can I boot Windows from it rather than a SATA2 port present in the motherboard?

The motherboard is an ASUS H61M-A. I could sell it off and purchase a B75 instead, but all of them in my country are aftermarket (lower quality).

Importing from Aliexpress is risky since motherboards are 99% taxed once they arrive. An adapter would be safer.

If anyone knows anything about it, let me know.

Your choice is a 3GT/s intel chipset, or an asmedia chipset connected to a 5GT/s bus, or buying a sata 3 board which is 6GT/s

I think it is not worth it, you should be more than satisfied with the 3GT/s speeds using a qualtiy ssd vs splitting the budget on a cheaper ssd and the adaptor. 

as for bootable, it should be, it supports ahci. the version of your board with sata3 used a similar chipset but on the pci-e 3.0 bus. you only have pci-e 2.0 available to you in the form of two pci-e 1x sots. 

In theory, you can boot off of any attached media your OS can recognize if you configure the boot loader for it. Basically, you'd install Windows itself to the drive hooked to the adapter card and then install the Windows boot loader to a device the motherboard can recognize.

That said, outside of large file transfers, you won't really notice a difference between SATA II and SATA III. SATA II is plenty fast enough to make your OS feel responsive and for common tasks like application and game loading.