Lower than expected 3Dmark scores.

MagnusLund

Just posted it to reddit and saw it was a tiny subreddit. 

Figured it would make more sense to share it here, to get more responses. 

8 minutes ago, MagnusLund said:

Just posted it to reddit and saw it was a tiny subreddit. 

Figured it would make more sense to share it here, to get more responses. 

Some benchmarks are picky with overclocking or undervolting, that could be your issue if you undervolted or overclocked. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

most likely watercooled and or need repaste

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

Just now, FI Fheonix said:

Some benchmarks are picky with overclocking or undervolting, that could be your issue if you undervolted or overclocked. 

is 3dmark and cinebench best overall?

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

1 minute ago, Blqckqut said:

I Don't understand your question.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

1 minute ago, Blqckqut said:

Got a cinebench score of 18295. 

3 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

most likely watercooled and or need repaste

Both CPU and GPU is air cooled. I could repaste my GPU, but its not throttling.

See attached picture, https://postlmg.cc/sQdtYRJS

5 minutes ago, FI Fheonix said:

hm. yea that could be it. i am gonna try removing my CPU undervolt and GPU overclock, see if that did anything.

I will be sure to mark you as solution, if it improves.

17 minutes ago, FI Fheonix said:

I disabled GPU overclock and put my curve optimizer to auto.

Got a score of 4544, which is lower than my current record of 4702. 

Should i try setting everything to 0, in the curve optimizer instead of auto?

28 minutes ago, MagnusLund said:

hm. yea that could be it. i am gonna try removing my CPU undervolt and GPU overclock, see if that did anything.

I will be sure to mark you as solution, if it improves.

Big this!

Just because the numbers are higher DOES NOT mean it is better. There are many things that can have small errors even tho you have a 400mhz oc so to say that is working leading to a lower score.

So basically get a good baseline score and then see what happens after you adjust things.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Big this!

Just because the numbers are higher DOES NOT mean it is better. There are many things that can have small errors even tho you have a 400mhz oc so to say that is working leading to a lower score.

So basically get a good baseline score and then see what happens after you adjust things.

i tried removing my curve optimizer, by setting it to auto instead of my undervolt (-18 on best core and -38 on others). First cpu im undervolting, so i might be able to take it further. I survived cinebench with a -40, but pc crashed later, while moving files, so i went to -38 and beat my -40 cinebench score.

Anyways, that was very off topic.

as i started out by saying, i set my curve optimizer to auto and removed gpu overclock and i got 4544.

Mentioned this in the post above yours.

Maybe i should look at actual game performance instead of benchmarks. Only doing 3Dmark for steam achievements anyway. would be cool to unlock them all without an achievement manager.