Radeon flagship is back, this summer, in the form of a graphics card

brownninja97

Well ya, and then the retailer places an order for more cards from AMD/board partners. It goes back to AMD eventually.

Still like I said the purchases 1 customer would have such a miniscule impact on them that it would be literally pointless for him to lie to me like that. And if he did lie to me that would backfire on him since he betrayed my trust and I would sell my 295 and head back over to team green. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Honestly, he didn't tell the truth to me plenty of times on Twitter when I had purchased my first R9 290x . Mind you- he never really lied, just conveniently kept the truth out. Between him and the mining craze, I went ahead and sold my cards for a slight profit and went to my current cards.

I got nothing against AMD, but if you look on multiple forums you will see no one really takes anything he says without a grain of salt.

Still like I said the purchases 1 customer would have such a miniscule impact on them that it would be literally pointless for him to lie to me like that. And if he did lie to me that would backfire on him since he betrayed my trust and I would sell my 295 and head back over to team green. 

1 customer showing an entire forum/public the conversation you had with him. :P

Just get it over with and name it the xxx290xxx and put a backlit #yolo logo on the top of the card.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

i'm trying to still keep my hopes up, but.....

the source for this is actully a thread on Overclock.net... made my Seronx http://www.overclock.net/t/1488641/next-r9-r7-graphics-to-use-hbm just to clarify the article on videocardz is based on the article on wccftech, that is based on the thread.

the two other sources kinda state the same as him, that there will be stacked memory in the next series of cards, but no mention of release of the next generation of cards or for that sake a new hawaii. while i still hope for this, as that would most likely mean that addaptive sync and a new series would launce at the same time, that could be likely, but still hawaii realy is'nt old, its verry new even in tech standards.

and i will just post the link to the post on overclock.net about this as i actully diden't understand it well enough to actully be able to explain it but, the 290x is the full fleged chip. again a post by Seronx, http://www.overclock.net/t/1488964/vc-amd-to-launch-new-flagship-radeon-graphics-card-this-summer/20

while it suckes that this might not happend, Seronx REALLY need to make more posts like the first one, because this might be sad.... its also HILLAROIUS  :lol:

Amd did show off working prototypes of stacked memory (not on gpus) almost four years ago.

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/05/20/nvidias-volta-gpu-raises-serious-red-flags-for-the-company/

This is the one time amd has been leaps and bounds ahead of nvidia. Semiaccurate seems to believe that amd is just bidding their time till they need it to compete, as said in this excerpt:

"The take home message is that AMD had stacked memory on GPUs ready and waiting in late 2011. They still have that knowledge and can roll it out at any time for any product they choose to, top to bottom, mobile or discrete. AMD did not crow about it years prior to Tahiti, they just did the engineering quietly in a lab somewhere and worked all the kinks out. Nvidia is now talking about doing the same in with Volta in 2016?"

I see this being a big deal, and amd could tack this on to Hawaii to instantly take the crown back... And not relenquish it till nvidia can match the memory.

So basically, they threw away the potential for a 5-6 year lead just so they can tack it on when they're about to be stomped by competition, which would only be a lead for like 12 months once they do tack it on?

Sounds like bullshit to me, honestly. If it were intentional, I would think it'd be so they could charge more for less.

Cool, more and faster memory.

Will help out immensely with 4k!

So basically, they threw away the potential for a 5-6 year lead just so they can tack it on when they're about to be stomped by competition, which would only be a lead for like 12 months once they do tack it on?

Sounds like bullshit to me, honestly. If it were intentional, I would think it'd be so they could charge more for less.

but isn't this exactly what you do when you have a lead and you're behind? they din't use said lead BECAUSE they were neck and neck for the past 5 years. however, now that hawaii is lagging behind a fully unlocked gk-110 that can generally OC higher, AMD needs to pull something out of it's sleeve.

a full 3072 core hawaii die? maybe. or what about HMB memory? possibly.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Honestly, he didn't tell the truth to me plenty of times on Twitter when I had purchased my first R9 290x . Mind you- he never really lied, just conveniently kept the truth out. Between him and the mining craze, I went ahead and sold my cards for a slight profit and went to my current cards.

I got nothing against AMD, but if you look on multiple forums you will see no one really takes anything he says without a grain of salt.

This is the new release that AMD is planning this summer, http://videocardz.com/50506/exclusive-amd-working-tonga-gpu So it seems he was right about saying not to wait, and they did indeed have an "unreleased product" just not any kind of flagship. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

LAMENS TERMS --> Moar Ghz, Less POWA