crackling sound from my new headset

MikeSpike
Go to solution Solved by johnno23,

you could try checking if your audio devices need any updates. but as has been stated you have gone from a cheap and cheerful plug n play to a much better and far more capable set of headphones. 

I bought a new headset (Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 32ohm) that im driving with the front panel audio jack in my pc, its working great so far but with some streaming sites i get this weird crackle in the audio at random moments. I've had this happen with Cruncyroll and Skyshowtime so far, but on Youtube i have no such problem. I've tried to look into it but i havent been able to find anything on it. The old headset i used was a Logitech wireless headset (G935) which didnt have this problem at all. anyone know a fix or anything i can try?

Try the back panel audio. You bought a way higher end more sensitive headset and front panel audio tends to be the cheapest cruddiest connectors

Basically you are getting a broader audio spectrum from those more premium stream services and there is an issue between the pc and headset where there is a loss and you get crackling.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Try the back panel audio. You bought a way higher end more sensitive headset and front panel audio tends to be the cheapest cruddiest connectors

Which jack do u recommend plugging it into then?

IMG_20230520_114857.jpg

Just now, MikeSpike said:

Which jack do u recommend plugging it into then?

IMG_20230520_114857.jpg

The red one should be the headphones out one

the problem still persists, but now also on youtube and when i use the windows test sound to see if the headset is functioning correctly in the sound settings.

actually only when i have skyshowtime open is when it starts happening on youtube as well and when i close the tab the problem goes away on youtube (im using firefox if that might have anything to do with it)

you could try checking if your audio devices need any updates. but as has been stated you have gone from a cheap and cheerful plug n play to a much better and far more capable set of headphones. 

Just now, johnno23 said:

i do have a behringer u-phoria um2 that im using for my microphone that has a 6.3mm audio out which i could try to use, the previous pair of dt770 pros i had broke within 3 days of me getting them so i havent dared plugging these into that yet, but it is something i could try

11 minutes ago, johnno23 said:

i updated my graphics drivers and i applied some windows update and now the problem seems to be gone? which i find confusing because ive had this problem for a while and driver updates never fixed it in the past

Updates can at times be a bit finnicky.

I updated some drivers a couple of months ago but 2 weeks later when I manually check 2 of them were listed as required once again ?

one was audio but i had ignored it as it was for the GPU and I use an external amp/dac combo

the other was an intel network driver update. reinstalled and it was ok.

anyways happy to hear it is under control now.

Enjoy that headset. 🙂