Best Linux distro for touchscreen Chromebook

Hey folks, I have one update left on my Chromebook. Which Linux distro works well with touchscreens? Should I consider Windows? open to anything. Love my old Chromebook with Linux, but this is a new one and would love to keep the touchscreen functionality.

Thanks

34 minutes ago, Xa3phod said:

Hey folks, I have one update left on my Chromebook. Which Linux distro works well with touchscreens? Should I consider Windows? open to anything. Love my old Chromebook with Linux, but this is a new one and would love to keep the touchscreen functionality.

Thanks

I haven't had issues with Ubuntu and touchscreen support, though that's the only distro I've played with.

I built a kiosk who's sole purpose is to translate barcodes using an old 2th/3rd generation Intel CPU based Dell All-in-one and Ubuntu had no issue finding a compatible touchscreen driver. I didn't have to mess with it at all.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

2 hours ago, Agall said:

I haven't had issues with Ubuntu and touchscreen support, though that's the only distro I've played with.

I built a kiosk who's sole purpose is to translate barcodes using an old 2th/3rd generation Intel CPU based Dell All-in-one and Ubuntu had no issue finding a compatible touchscreen driver. I didn't have to mess with it at all.

Do you have to search for the driver or did Ubuntu do all the heavy lifting? I am not opposed to Ubuntu. 

14 hours ago, Xa3phod said:

Do you have to search for the driver or did Ubuntu do all the heavy lifting? I am not opposed to Ubuntu. 

The Dell system in question didn't need any manual driver installation.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017