Noise fractical design define R4

Charles Carron

Hello!

I have a fractical design define R4. Everyone just loves this case and says that it doesn't make any noise. However I can hear my PC running when ideling and especially when it's running a game/editing program. Maybe I did something wrong or I'm a very sensitive person, but it's definatly annoying sometimes. Is there any way to find out what is causing the noise?

Specs: 

i7-4770k

corsair h80i

evga gtx780

stock fans

wester digital caviar black 1TB

corsair TX750M 

Thanks in advance :)

Check the fan controller. Could you check what fans in specific are loud?

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

undervolt all fans.

control the h80i over the corsair link software.

For some reasons one of the USB ports of my motherboard wasn't working. I've put the USB from the water block  in an other port and everything is working fine now. Thanks! 

I'm going to take a punt that's it's the GPU fan going nuts.

Should be easy enough to check by playing with the fan speed via control panel etc

the stock fans on corsair water cooling units are quite loud, i tried the ones on my h100i when it came and they grinded like crazy, swapped them out for some sp120 quiet editions and they are pretty much inaudible 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii