monitor switching

Gnaah

Hey,

was just wondering if it is possible to have two monitors plugged into a GPU but only output display to one of those? My thinking is hooking up my computer to my 4k tv for when i want to relax and game on the couch and then when i want to sit at a desk, use my 2k ultrawide monitor. I was wondering though if they made switches that would cut the signal over HDMI/DP depending on where i wanted to game so i wouldn't have to render a monitor i wasnt using.

any tips/advice would be useful.

18 minutes ago, Gnaah said:

Hey,

was just wondering if it is possible to have two monitors plugged into a GPU but only output display to one of those? My thinking is hooking up my computer to my 4k tv for when i want to relax and game on the couch and then when i want to sit at a desk, use my 2k ultrawide monitor. I was wondering though if they made switches that would cut the signal over HDMI/DP depending on where i wanted to game so i wouldn't have to render a monitor i wasnt using.

any tips/advice would be useful.

i assume you're running windows. 

She/Her

if you are running windows, press windows key + p, a menu comes up. you can select to have the pc screen only or the tv only, or extend. 

She/Her

I am using windows.

win + p doesn't seem to be doing anything just playing a bell noise 😕

13 hours ago, Gnaah said:

I am using windows.

win + p doesn't seem to be doing anything just playing a bell noise 😕

Wait what windows here? Win key + P should bring out projection window since Windows 8.

image.png.60ab0b835cb3afc5a6134938f3a8bac0.png

Another way would be to go caveman and go into display settings, and press "show only on x". This is how it looked on Windows 11.

image.thumb.png.2516b3ed827f10ad99e2e6071f8a3bf6.png

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Windows 10 here. I went to the System Display menu manually and it worked though. I don't know why Win + P , wont work but manually changing it to show only on 2 works 🙂