Corsair 450d vs Fractal Design ARC Midi R2

Guys I am in a very torn between these two Cases Corsair 450d and Fractal Design ARC Midi R2.
Could you maybe give me your perspective? P.s. I do not care about water cooling options,
this will be a standard build (i5, 1x SSD, 1x HDD and SLi with 560 TI, so nothing big)

This is what I made up so far:

Corsair 450d:
             +Sleek
             +Big window (I like)
             -Just a tad more expensive

-7KG

Fractal Design ARC Midi R2
             +Seems more solid at 11Kg

+Quieter fans

+Better bottom filter removal

-Smaller Window :(

I have a 450d and ive had 2 problems: the fans make a ticking noise, not very loud but its there and also a led on the on/off button is broken(or ive plugged it in wrong) other than that i love it. also why is 7kg a - its really well built and easier to move

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

I have a 450d and ive had 2 problems: the fans make a ticking noise, not very loud but its there and also a led on the on/off button is broken(or ive plugged it in wrong) other than that i love it. also why is 7kg a - its really well built and easier to move

I marked that as a minus since the cases are almost of the same size and the other one is significantly heavier for me meaning better material (less plastic/aluminium)

gonna be bias but I'd vote for 450D. just cause I like that brand on chassis.

Live your life like a dream.

gonna be bias but I'd vote for 450D. just cause I like that brand on chassis.

Yes well I love corsair too, but when making a decision I don't like to go in blind folded, got bitten when I bought Maximus Hero VI because it was an ASUS board, how I regret that decision. (For those who know I have that BIOS Time freeze issue).

Yes well I love corsair too, but when making a decision I don't like to go in blind folded, got bitten when I bought Maximus Hero VI because it was an ASUS board, how I regret that decision. (For those who know I have that BIOS Time freeze issue).

for me corsair case has always been good. (800D, 900D, 750D 450D and graphite 600T)

and the silverstone tj series like the tj11 no biting there.

for motherboard I'm bias towards msi since asus warranty here is kinda not good. msi warranty has been awesome.

for psu can always recommend seasonic and I am bias towards it. I've handled 10 seasonic psu from bronze and gold and platinum and all my customers who ever bought seasonic never came back for warranty. there might be duds here and there but guess those are just unlucky.

going blind on some trusted company ain't so bad. There will always be a dud somewhere even on most trusted company.

Live your life like a dream.

i prefer the arc midi for the solid construction, rear 140mm fan and larger roof

clearance. not a knock on Corsair, but the 450D is not Obsidian classed to

match the pricing point. wouldn't be surprised to see an offshoot turn up in the

carbides like the 750D (760T) did.

I own a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 and I am really happy with it.

I also agree with airdeano that the 450D is not really an Obsidian class case.

The Fractal has better clearance for large air coolers (18cm vs 16.5cm for the 450D if I'm correct) and in that class the extra 1.5cm is really useful.

The build quality is good for the price. You have filtered intakes (front and bottom) and the top is also filtered.

The filters are also better in the Fractal than in the Corsair (only watched vids of it though).

Cable management is good but that is the same for the 450D I think.

Replaced the 3 stock Fractal fans with 6 Be quiet silent wings 2 and the thing is really quiet.

Overall a solid case.

I think the new Phanteks case is also a possibility, might want to take a look at that one.

If I would be in the market for a new case I would choose that one.

Although it is slightly more watercooling focused but at the same price as the other two.

So.....watch a couple of reviews and buy what you like, can't go wrong with both of them.

The main thing that attracted me most about the Corsair case is the looks rather than functionality, but I do not want to be disappointed with poor quality work of the case. Like my NZXT Phantom 630 (poor paint job, burnt/flickering LEDs, uneven closing of side panels)

The main thing that attracted me most about the Corsair case is the looks rather than functionality, but I do not want to be disappointed with poor quality work of the case. Like my NZXT Phantom 630 (poor paint job, burnt/flickering LEDs, uneven closing of side panels)

then watch out for the new Obsidian line. moving to single pivot was a cool

innovation, but the side panels used to add rigidity to the chassis when installed.

they nix'd panel latches so the case is very flexible and unsquare. windowed

panels tend to hum or rattle.the newer chassis stampings are lighter gauge

material, some of the areas weakened are the I/O area and overall squareness.

delivery of a top-line at a better price point is courageous, but the top-line

should mean more than just fascia treatments.

the Obsidian 750D is cheaper than the Graphite 760T? same chassis less

plastical panels. 

I realky like the looks and the simplicity of the obsidian line, excellent quality also

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

I realky like the looks and the simplicity of the obsidian line, excellent quality also

Ye the aesthetics are awesome, its the quality part im worried about.

Ye the aesthetics are awesome, its the quality part im worried about.

the quality of my 750d is excellent

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

the quality of my 750d is excellent

ye but from what I`ve heard the 450d doesn`t match that standard.

ye but from what I`ve heard the 450d doesn`t match that standard.

idk bro i think is the exact same case only mid tower instead of full tower

idk bro i think is the exact same case only mid tower instead of full tower

ye thats why i made this tread cus I have no idea what to pick :) tnx for the feedback tho