'teardrop' standoff holders?

ajemutt
Go to solution Solved by OhYou_,

image.png.601470b052bb969d204ca47a72a10385.png

shitposting aside, try rubber well nuts. should work nicely, hardware stores will have them.

Hey folks,

Attempting to repurpose an old rack mount ATX case for a new build, and I'm encountering a 'teardrop' shaped adjustable standoff holder in a couple key locations.

I can improvise a holder with a nut and washer, but I'm curious if there is a specific hardware bit that fits this purpose.

Many thanks!

IMG_4493-2.jpg.33ba5ff1bc98160ef044b9b0c227e887.jpg

image.png.601470b052bb969d204ca47a72a10385.png

shitposting aside, try rubber well nuts. should work nicely, hardware stores will have them.

Edited by OhYou_

Not sure where that is located, but I've seen all sorts of spacers used in cases over the years. I have a collection of all sorts of slotted screws and spacers in my PC bin, here are a few examples (don't mind the all plastic one, I realized afterwards, it's the wrong type, I have some meant for that type of mount too):

slotedspacers.jpg

Usually I see these in cases though for mounting hard drives, or rails for optical drives, floppy drives, etc.  Is that a spot for a motherboard standard?

the plastic one ohioyj posted attactes to the mb and just rest agent the tray. used way back in the day before atx was stander.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, OhioYJ said:

Not sure where that is located, but I've seen all sorts of spacers used in cases over the years. I have a collection of all sorts of slotted screws and spacers in my PC bin, here are a few examples (don't mind the all plastic one, I realized afterwards, it's the wrong type, I have some meant for that type of mount too):

slotedspacers.jpg

Usually I see these in cases though for mounting hard drives, or rails for optical drives, floppy drives, etc.  Is that a spot for a motherboard standard?

Yes - about 2mm in from the narrower side of the teardrop is right where the screw location in the mobo lands

5 minutes ago, ajemutt said:

Yes - about 2mm in from the narrower side of the teardrop is right where the screw location in the mobo lands

ya see the problem. it might be wide enuff or it might not. you might have to drill a hole and make your own stand off. but i dont have alot of vary old school knowledge as im 34. 

but i no i used the plastic one on older p4 and amd athon builds.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Sorry for the lag time. The best solution ended up being rubber well nuts - easily had around the corner at the hardware store.

Thanks!

AJ