Need help with Sagemcom DIW362 UHD BrightBlue; to run it on an open Andriod TV OS

Hi folks!
This is my first post on this Forum. This is my problem:
My Internet and TV provider (Deutsche Glasfaser) stopped their own TV programm and go with Waipu.tv. Thats fine and all but they told me that i didnt need to return their old TV Box, the Sagemcom DIW362.
Tbh the hardware is completely fine and could see a few more years of use. Just for Youtube on some non-smart TV's or so.
Im a bit pissed how my provider handled this whole thing. They could cut off the TV programms and let the box be used as a normal Android based TV Box. But to think they throw this thing away? Not my style.
Now the TV Box is blocked and you cant use a single thing on it. I was raised not to waste things that can still be used or repaird.

So im here to seek help because im not good with Android Systems. I flashed an old Tablet with a guid from some tech savy guys from india. But thats it, i didnt find a guid for this TV Box.
Thanks in advance for any help.

TV Box Spec's:
BCM72604
Flash: 4 GB eMMC
RAM: 2 GB DDR3
1x USB A 2.0
Bleutooth 4.2

802.11 n / ac 2,4 GHz / 5 GHz
HDMI 2.0b port

PS: IF this post is in the wrong category please tell me and i will post it in the right one!

Sagemcom-DIW362-rear-leeft-view-transparent.png

Welcome to the forums!
Probably better in Hobby Electronics because this is gonna be *jazz hands* firmware hacking.

Looks like some peeps over on the xda dev forums have some experience with this
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/need-help-unlocking-sagemcom-diw387.4418869/

Seems like a fun little project, I have literally only the first idea of where to start on this project and I have given it to you. Best of luck!

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Hi OddOod.
Okay, i will try to delete this post and repost it in "Hobby Electronics".
Also thanks for the link. I will look into this.

No worries mate! I don't think that it was even super wrong given that it's about hacking on locked down android hardware. Just that you might get a bit more help over on HE. All that being said, all my experience with this type of stuff is just running the Fire Toolbox on some cheapo AZ tablets to make single purpose touch enabled tools. One controls my SO's brew lab, another is for my D&D notes, and a third is a remote for my HTPC. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

• 3 months later...

Any Updates on this? They literally dumped the Hardware here in Germany making it unable for usage and gave us a voucher for another IPTV service. So the Hardware can be dumped or sent back to them (they don't give a damn about what happens to all those boxes) but I want to make an andoid tv box out of this left alone piece of hardware...

• 6 months later...

Any updates by any chance? Only found this guy he made a couple of videos but it is hard to follow and I wanna avoid soldering, if possible: