Youtube Unfullscreen Thingy?

So if you are watching a YT video, and the ad that comes on before you watch the video is fullscreened... if you then un-fullscreen the ad, it will actually take you to that ad's video on YT.

Is it just my end doing this... or a YT feature that is not well known?

Kinda scratching my head here, if you try and google it, you just get those annoying fullscreen partnership reviews.

Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

Car: 1994 Accord LX, 1978 280z

PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DaCoder/saved/#view=zZZhP6

Yes it's killing me. 

Haven't found a way to fix it yet, really annoying if watching a series.

Also that small pop up 'YouTube is Now Full screen'... Yes I f'ing know, I full screened myself :lol:

Have you tried hitting 'Esc'?

Yes, still does it.

Are you clicking the video frame to un-fullscreen it, or the thing in the bottom right corner?

Only tried the bottom right corner, and the esc key.

Do you mean the double click to toggle fullscreen on / off? I haven't tested that yet.

EDIT:

also, the stupid timeline thingy is annoying me aswell, when you drag it, the mouse is off center of the dot. Like by 10-30 pixels...

EDITx2:

Testing double clicking, does it aswell! Also takes you to the ad's site (duh).

Only tried the bottom right corner, and the esc key.

Do you mean the double click to toggle fullscreen on / off? I haven't tested that yet.

EDIT:

also, the stupid timeline thingy is annoying me aswell, when you drag it, the mouse is off center of the dot. Like by 10-30 pixels...

Yeah I meant the double click to toggle it on/off. I tried it, and had the same thing that you're experiencing. 

Yeah I meant the double click to toggle it on/off. I tried it, and had the same thing that you're experiencing. 

I think this is actually a glitch, and not intended. It's like when you watch a playlist in fullscreen, and the next video loads. But it doesn't... not fully at least. Cus when you un-fullscreen the video (after shifting from playlist) it will load a different webpage.

I would assume this is what is happening with the ad's, YT devs forgot about something, and so when you un-fullscreen the video (ad) it takes you to where the ad is based.

Any thoughts on my theory?

I think this is actually a glitch, and not intended. It's like when you watch a playlist in fullscreen, and the next video loads. But it doesn't... not fully at least. Cus when you un-fullscreen the video (after shifting from playlist) it will load a different webpage.

I would assume this is what is happening with the ad's, YT devs forgot about something, and so when you un-fullscreen the video (ad) it takes you to where the ad is based.

Any thoughts on my theory?

Not sure at all, but I'll add to the findings... Whenever I get an ad at the end of the video the screen goes completely black but I hear the audio, then when I exit fullscreen it again takes me to the ad link.

I see the ad at the start of a video, but still does the same thing of bringing me to the ad link.

I'm pretty sure its a bug, hopefully they are aware of it... YouTube needs a full rebuild, nobody wants all this fancy crap, they just want to watch videos.

Not sure at all, but I'll add to the findings... Whenever I get an ad at the end of the video the screen goes completely black but I hear the audio, then when I exit fullscreen it again takes me to the ad link.

I see the ad at the start of a video, but still does the same thing of bringing me to the ad link.

I'm pretty sure its a bug, hopefully they are aware of it... YouTube needs a full rebuild, nobody wants all this fancy crap, they just want to watch videos.

Youtube at it's base was ok, back in 2006 lol. Nowadays, the higher resolutions need MUCH higher bitrate/compression settings. Keep the lower resolutions for mobile/slower internets.

There is no reason to keep such a crazy low limit on 1080p and even now, 4K... this is the reason I use Twitch whenever possible. (although they have been going downhill recently too)

Only after the GoogleTube+ takeover / conversion, the website seemed to get better for a while, but some of the changes are seemingly not useful... like the whole you can't reply to ppl who haven't set up G+ integration.

It hasn't had too many strange bugs, until April... same time that Twitch started to get issues... must be the dev's vacation period. :D

Youtube at it's base was ok, back in 2006 lol. Nowadays, the higher resolutions need MUCH higher bitrate/compression settings. Keep the lower resolutions for mobile/slower internets.

There is no reason to keep such a crazy low limit on 1080p and even now, 4K... this is the reason I use Twitch whenever possible. (although they have been going downhill recently too)

Only after the GoogleTube+ takeover / conversion, the website seemed to get better for a while, but some of the changes are seemingly not useful... like the whole you can't reply to ppl who haven't set up G+ integration.

It hasn't had too many strange bugs, until April... same time that Twitch started to get issues... must be the dev's vacation period. :D

Yeah every time they bring out a new feature its guaranteed to have some bugs and in fairness when they fix them things do seem a bit better.

I just get the feeling that it's all an illusion, the only reason we are happy with it at some stages is because it was so bad before (the whole ying and yang philosophy). 

I still think they could lose some of the gimmicky stuff and have something a lot cleaner and better organised.

Yeah every time they bring out a new feature its guaranteed to have some bugs and in fairness when they fix them things do seem a bit better.

I just get the feeling that it's all an illusion, the only reason we are happy with it at some stages is because it was so bad before (the whole ying and yang philosophy). 

I still think they could lose some of the gimmicky stuff and have something a lot cleaner and better organised.

Have you noticed the comment section, when you post a time in the video a.k.a. 'lol @ 3:00'

If you click the time, it will just open a new tab -_-

Have you noticed the comment section, when you post a time in the video a.k.a. 'lol @ 3:00'

If you click the time, it will just open a new tab -_-

It didn't happen for me, but it was buggy. Some of them ended the video, some did nothing, and others worked. Strange...

I'm wondering if all this is actually intentional and part of something bigger in progress. I dunno, maybe they have some idea to circumvent adblock?

Actually thinking about it, it's probably more likely to do with mobile integration because more people are getting Chromecast now.