AiO RGB cable makes PSU switch off

Healadin
Go to solution Solved by Rene D.,

Hmmm... this one? Try other usb headers. If what you say is true you should talk with an Asus support agent and maybe RMA the cooler. This doesn't seem like it's user error. It could very much just be defected.

pumpscreenconecter.png

Hi,

I have kind of weird issue. Components that cause the issue:

AiO: ASUS ROG STRIX LC II 360 ARGB
MB: ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI

AiO pump has this micro-USB cable that should plug into USB2.0 header on motherboard, but when I plug it into USB header, logo on MB turns off (its always on, even when PC is off) and I cannot turn on PC at all. Once I unplug the USB cable from MB header or AiO pump, everything works fine. Google search didn't give me anything useful and I have no idea how to make it work. I would be grateful for any kind of tip to try at this point.

are you sure the pump doesn't connect to a hub along with the fans then to usb header on MB

2 minutes ago, Rene D. said:

are you sure the pump doesn't connect to a hub along with the fans then to usb header on MB

there is split cable for fans, split cable for RGB for fans, cable for pump and then there is micro USB cable for RGB lighting on pump and the last one (USB cable for pumps RGB) is the one in question

when USB cable is unplugged, pump, fans and RGB on fans work without any issue, showing up in BIOS, armoury crate etc.

plugging USB cable into MB header and PC wont start, RGB logo on MB turns off

Hmmm... this one? Try other usb headers. If what you say is true you should talk with an Asus support agent and maybe RMA the cooler. This doesn't seem like it's user error. It could very much just be defected.

pumpscreenconecter.png

Worst case it's the motherboard that's defected which by personal experience seems to be case most of the time unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Rene D. said:

pumpscreenconecter.png

yes that is the one, I have tried both of USB 2.0 headers and this behavior happens on both

probably the cooler dude get it RMA'd, I know the prosses can tidies but it's better than not getting what you paid for. Although you could try a bios update and see if that changes anything, I don't think it's very likely to fix it though. 😐  

9 minutes ago, Rene D. said:

probably the cooler dude get it RMA'd, I know the prosses can tidies but it's better than not getting what you paid for. Although you could try a bios update and see if that changes anything, I don't think it's very likely to fix it though. 😐  

Ah, that makes me a bit sad tbh, but I guess that would be the only solution.... Tried that Asus support, hopefully they will answer soon not in a week.

1 minute ago, Healadin said:

Ah, that makes me a bit sad tbh, but I guess that would be the only solution.... Tried that Asus support, hopefully they will answer soon not in a week.

yea I'm sorry dude I know the feeling. Maybe ASUS can offer a new solution hopefully, if not get it replaced.

3 hours ago, Rene D. said:

yea I'm sorry dude I know the feeling. Maybe ASUS can offer a new solution hopefully, if not get it replaced.

nope, ASUS also recommended RMA it