Games/Programs Requiring OpenGL Not Working On New Build

enderking470
Go to solution Solved by JLssg4,

Can you grab GPU-Z and get a look at what it reports for OpenGL? (seems like there might be some answers if it's there/showing as supported but 'stuck' at v.1.1)

...or better yet, make sure you're using the GPU's video output and not the mobo (cutting to the chase of that 'stuck at 1.1 potential solution')

I am not the person with the issue, but I am helping the person directly.

He is having a lot of issues with the build that he put together over the previous weekend, from the troubleshooting that i have done to try and figure out the issue i have come to a general theme to what kinds of games/programs are not working. The theme being that everything that doesnt work all requires OpenGL. I've had him reinstall the graphics driver a couple times, tried downgrading the version. none of that changed anything, the one thing i havent tried is running DDU, as i have not yet had a chance to do it.

Tested Programs

Satisfactory - Works
Terraria - Works
FTL - Does not work
Binding of isaac: Rebirth - Does not work

Minecraft (Java) - Does not work

Minecraft (Bedrock) - Works

NEO Scavenger - Works

Blender - Does not work

Spec List
i5-11600k
RX 6750 XT
32 GB DDR4 3200MHz
1TB M.2 970 EVO Plus
TUF Gaming z590 Plus
RM 1000x

When FTL crashes it outputs this to the log
Version: 1.6.14
Loading settings

Failed to load settings file!

Starting up

Loading text

Initializing Video

Video: 1280x720, windowed

Error 5 while setting display mode

MinecraftJavaError1.png

MinecraftJavaError2.png

MinecraftJavaError3.png

Blender Error.PNG

DESKTOP-CF5J9K3_Report Minecraft Java 1.12.2 Crash.txt

Search results seem to indicate the problem is most likely coming from JAVA (which through JOGL, Java OpenGL library wrapper, is apparently running that game?)
Update Java/JOGL hopefully would re-install missing files, but there are some references to manually adding specific DLLs to the Java folder [just looking at Startpage's 'GLFW 65542' results.]

30 minutes ago, JLssg4 said:

Search results seem to indicate the problem is most likely coming from JAVA (which through JOGL, Java OpenGL library wrapper, is apparently running that game?)
Update Java/JOGL hopefully would re-install missing files, but there are some references to manually adding specific DLLs to the Java folder [just looking at Startpage's 'GLFW 65542' results.]

I just used windows to remove java, then i reinstalled it, this did not solve the issue, i also tried adding the "OpenGL32.dll" to the java/jre_1.8/bin folder, but that also did not fix the issue. both instances kicking out the same "GLFW 65542" Error.

just before that i booted his computer into safe mode and ran DDU, removing the drivers then rebooting, that went off without a hitch, when i tried installing the drivers using the auto detect tool, it spat out a "Error 1603" during the install and failed, but it worked when i tried again using the specific driver for the graphics card.

Can you grab GPU-Z and get a look at what it reports for OpenGL? (seems like there might be some answers if it's there/showing as supported but 'stuck' at v.1.1)

...or better yet, make sure you're using the GPU's video output and not the mobo (cutting to the chase of that 'stuck at 1.1 potential solution')

34 minutes ago, JLssg4 said:

well, for some reason i didnt think to make sure he was plugged into the graphics card. so thats my bad, it completely fixed all the issues, thank you very much!