Not really a "log", but here's my new system

This isn't really a build log, more so a "hey here's my new kit" post

Put together a system for 3D modelling/gaming/shitposting. Specs below

Case- Deepcool CH370

CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 5700x

RAM- 32gb Patriot Viper Steel 3600MHz CL18 (I ordered another 32gb and will install when it arrives)

GPU- Radeon RX 7900 XTX reference card (Gigabyte)

MoBo- MSI B550m Pro-VDH WiFi

Cooler- Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE

Storage- 2tb Team T-Create Classic M.2 NVME PCIe Gen 4, 2tb PNY 2tb M.2 NVME PCIe Gen 3, Seagate 8tb BarraCuda 3.5 inch HDD, 12tb Seagate BarraCuda 3.5 inch HDD

Fans- 3x Silverstone Air Penetrator 120i Pro's in the front, 1 in the back

PSU- EVGA SuperNova GA 850w Gold

I'm still going through and setting everything up. It's on the loud side of things as it came out of the box. I have the 4 case fans and 2 CPU fans hooked up to a fan controller that's tied to CPU temps, where it idles I think is a little on the loud side.

I also made the rookie mistake of setting up the whole system, installing Windows, installing drivers, and the whole time I was worried because the system was super loud. I thought it might have been just a case of adjusting fan profiles/drivers on the GPU not being installed yet. But after a little while I clicked and realized that I forgot to take the plastic peel off the bottom of the CPU cooler. Which resulted in me undoing half of the cable management I did, Cleaning off the CPU and the cooler, and redoing all that work. So I'm a big dummy

It's still a bit loud for my liking, so I might even look at getting nicer fans to cool it. I'm also not stoked on the cable for the GPU (The images when I brought it depicted the GPU power cables as the flat ribbon type), So I will probably order a set of sleeved cables for it.

I'm also loving the blackout theme, I'm trying to find white LED strips that arent super bright to put in the front of the case to really highlight the constasts that are in there.

Anyhows, cheers for lookin, Catch ya'll in game

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_21e76e20-0ff9-482c-a4d5-0db5a2244c71.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an update in case anyone see's this somewhere down the line. I'm super happy with the build. I've left the CPU at stock settings and PBO is taking it to 4.3ghz during games. Apart from having to re-install the drivers once the 7900xtx has been awesome, I've put it into quiet mode and a lot of games I limit the fps cap to 60hz to reduce noise and power draw (It draw's 347w when I have it in stock settings in CS:GO). But the whole system is a little loud for my liking so I'm making some tweaks to the build.

Tweak number A- I've installed another 32gb of the same Patroit Viper memory, I was getting close to 25gb of usage at times so I thought it might be nice to get ahead of that one before I start doing bigger projects and all that.

Tweak number B- I've ordered another 2x Silverstone 140mm PWM fans and Noctua low noise adapters for all the case fans. I'm really happy with the cooling performance, but it's still on the loud side of things. I have all my case fans and 2 CPU cooler fans hooked up to the same 10 port PWM splitter, So I'm going to hook up the 2 new case fans to the splitter too and have it so they all share the same fan curve that's tied to CPU temps, but the case fans will all be on low noise adapters while the cooler fans wont. I'll see how it goes in terms of temps/noise. I might end up running all the case fans on their own and let the CPU cooler do it's thing.

Tweak number C- I have 2x RGB strips on the way. I'm not a fan of the whole "RGB out the ass" trend, so I'm going to use them as static while lights just so I can see inside a little better when it's dark

Tweak number D- I have a set of cablemod cables on the way to make the whole rig look a little nicer.

Apart from that I'm really stoked on it! 

@IVIarto Have you tried switching pbo to advanced and setting curve optimizer to  negative 30? Might not be stable that, if not just choose a higher setting, -20 for example. Then you're CPU should boost even higher and use less power. I gained 200mhz boost on my 5800X3D while using 15w less power at full load.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

On 5/30/2023 at 6:01 PM, DoctorNick said:

@IVIarto Have you tried switching pbo to advanced and setting curve optimizer to  negative 30? Might not be stable that, if not just choose a higher setting, -20 for example. Then you're CPU should boost even higher and use less power. I gained 200mhz boost on my 5800X3D while using 15w less power at full load.

I haven't really looked in to PBO much at all. I had Ryzen Master optimise my all-core frequencies, but it also bumped up the core voltage, so I bumped it back down.

I'll have a play around with negative value's and see if that yeild's any results. Thanks for the tip!

I also think that some of the issue was the graphics card dumping a bunch of heat into the case so the CPU cooler was having to work harder to keep things in order? Adding the 2 140mm fans in the top of the case seems to have helped a lot

Played around with Ryzen Master again and I'm sitting at 4.6ghz stable with curve optimiser value at -28. Running heaps quieter.

Thank you so much, you're a gem!

Edit- I dialed the CO value back to -25 and run a stress test overnight to see if it's 100 percent stable, it's sitting at 4.5ghz but I'd rather it be stable than be on the bleeding edge of what it can do. Still. It's using about 15w less under load and is sitting 200mhz higher than it was at stock so I'm pretty stoked on that.