Low frames on i7 6700k and GTX 1080

CyberFern0

I've had this computer for years now, and I'm starting to notice that the computer is starting to show its age. I play mainly Overwatch at 1080p at mostly low settings and average around 120 fps. I play on a 240hz monitor, and I used to get around there in the past. I also play Call of Duty Modern Warfare and average around 80 fps on low settings. I tried switching the power saving mode to "Max performance" in Nvidia control panel, but that didn't really help. Also, I'm having massive lag spikes, and I don't know if that's connected. Just need some guidance. What should I do to raise frames?

4 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

I've had this computer for years now, and I'm starting to notice that the computer is starting to show its age. I play mainly Overwatch at 1080p at mostly low settings and average around 120 fps. I play on a 240hz monitor, and I used to get around there in the past. I also play Call of Duty Modern Warfare and average around 80 fps on low settings. I tried switching the power saving mode to "Max performance" in Nvidia control panel, but that didn't really help. Also, I'm having massive lag spikes, and I don't know if that's connected. Just need some guidance. What should I do to raise frames?

if you havent done it in the past OC. Close background things and increase the priority of the app in the task manager

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced

120fps on overwatch low?

My ancient laptop with a 6700hq and 970m does 150 easily.

What are your temps during gmeplay?

Also full specs please.

Additionally useful would be temps during full load. Hardware that old could probably do with a repasting

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup