Windows restart goes to black screen and stops

[Specs listed below]

Hi all,

I have had this problem for about a month and change now but only got around to looking into it now. I swapped out my old GTX 980 for an ARC 750 and ever since then when I go to restart inside Windows the screens go black and then nothing happens. If I do a hard reset via the case button the computer boots up just fine. 

I just spent last night and this morning taking the entire computer apart and rebuilding it as well as doing a fresh Windows 11 install on a brand new NVMe drive. The problem is still persisting, I swapped out the ARC for an old RX270 card I had laying around and the problem continues with that card too. I took out the SATA card and disconnected all the other SATA drive connections to see if any of them were causing the issue but no improvement. 

I have checked to see if there is maybe a short but everything appears fine.  Like I said above, the computer will turn on and boot just fine through the case buttons, but Windows reset wont work. 

SPECS:

AMD Ryzen 3900X

Asus x570-P (latest firmware)

96 GB RAM

Intel ARC 750

Sandisk 480GTB SSD

Team Group 480GB SSD

SATA PCIe x1 card 8 port

Corsair HX850i PSU

I had this issue with win10 and 900 series Nvidia cards too.  It was apparently deliberately shutting it off.  So I moved to a 580 and the problem went away.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.