Home theater inspiration

Budget (including currency): The less the better, but I will get what is needed

I have a projector (benq w1070), and a screen, and that is pretty much what is set in stone so far.

I have a Logitech z5500 5.1 sorround system I was planing to use for sound, as it was just collecting dust in a box anyway, and it is quite decent.

But what to do besides that? I have planed to build a NAS using unraid with old hardware and some new harddisks, and it was my plan to have it run a Plex server too.

It is my understanding that I can't use the unraid machine as a plex client at the time, unless maybe with the use of hosting a VM on it.

Options I have considered, and the problems I see (don't hesitate to suggest something I did not think of)

1. I have a raspberry pi 3 I never used, and I thought it could make a good little plex client, but it only has a HDMI cable, so I don't know how I would get the sound to the speakers, as they do not have any HDMI, and as far as I can see, I can't connect them directly to the projector (I might have imagined that to be the obvious solution at some point)

2. I have an old PS3, that would be perfect if not for the fact it has no support, and therefor is no more than a glorified bluray player at this point (It could still be incorporated into the setup with this purpose, I would like the option of playing physical media like bluerays and DVD

2.5 Getting a PS5 instead, the disc version, using it as a media player more than a gaming console, but with the added benefit, I could play on it, I am "PC master race" but things like racing games is quite suited for console - but it cost money, that is ok, but I'd rather not spend money, or spend less, if possible

3. Bluray player, if it could also serve as plex client and other "smart tv" stuff... I am not sure if that is something that exists though?

4. Building some kind of HTPC, but I am running out of old hardware, so would need at least an am4 motherboard, a ssd and some ram. (how is this option compared to a PS5?)

5. An other sound system, but I fear that would get expensive quick, and with the risk of maybe still having some of the problems I have now?

6. That completely obvious thing I just can't get up with, but you point out and make me feel dumb for not realizing myself (I can hope)