LTT Backpack for Camera Gear

Good evening folks! 

I thought I would ask if anyone has bought the LTT Backpack for use with Camera gear. In my case, I would be carrying a FUji XT3 and 3 lenses with me in a PD Sling. I was hoping just to throw the entire sling in the backpack when I wanna go somewhere. I would also carry a 14" inch MacBook Pro which I know the pack can already hold. I guess my question is can I make the LTT backpack work with this setup or should I just go for it on some PD backpack? 

Thanks, everyone! 

On 5/5/2023 at 7:52 PM, Sy_Butter said:

Good evening folks! 

I thought I would ask if anyone has bought the LTT Backpack for use with Camera gear. In my case, I would be carrying a FUji XT3 and 3 lenses with me in a PD Sling. I was hoping just to throw the entire sling in the backpack when I wanna go somewhere. I would also carry a 14" inch MacBook Pro which I know the pack can already hold. I guess my question is can I make the LTT backpack work with this setup or should I just go for it on some PD backpack? 

Thanks, everyone! 

It’s not made as a camera bag, you probably want an actual bag made for cameras if you’re carrying a body and three lenses.  That way it opens in a way that you can access everything in the bag at once as opposed to the LTT that only opens from the top

I have done is to have a pelican case have the foam made for the camera.... I just chuck that into a backpack.

I have made top opening bags work.

It works but its super jank

I think the lowepro pro tac would be good for your needs 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1709771-REG/lowepro_lp37177_grl_protactc_bp_450_aw.html

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

@Sy_Butter While yes some see it as merch, the LTT backpack is genuinely great. The Lowepro Protac 450 (link above) would be my go-to dedicated camera backpack at this point. But I'd never use it for anything else.

Read reviews that have criticism and take that into consideration, because at 250 USD, the bar is set high. BUT! That said I switched from a PeakDesign backpack to the LTT backpack and it has been fantastic. I took it to South Africa with a body + 2 lenses with no issues (just padding with hoodies). That said, you can get "camera cubes" from PD that work well if you just need to pull out and assemble a camera periodically rather than regular lens swaps. As for comfort, 11/10. During a layover in the UK, I had this backpack on for 10+ hours and it didn't cause any issues. The straps (chefs kiss). 

LTT BP Pros: Storage capacity and compartments. Build quality is excellent (Im super rough on backpacks due to my job) and it shows no wear points. Flexible for multiple use cases (ie: Cameras, tools, travel). Organizing bags, camera cubes, etc work excellently in the big pocket, because of course they will. Comfy to wear all day.

Cons: When full, the front laptop pocket is hard to access things at the bottom. The zipper pulls are an issue. I put it in my review and I'll still say it now (yes they are replacing them but it's worth mentioning). When FULL, it barely fits under an airline seat (737, 787, 777, A380, 747 tested). If a hoodie makes it bulge, it will have to go in the overhead bin. The passport zipper is hard to open while wearing. Internal water bottle holder takes up a substantial amount of space, especially 40oz.

Tl;dr: Yes, it can be a good camera bag for some use cases. It holds a lot and has excellent quality. But it also holds a lot and that can cause issues if you regularly have lots to take with you.

Hope that helps 🙂