Help on DDR5 settings for Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX

Go to solution Solved by Naijin,
7 minutes ago, Jenko32 said:

Specs: Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX - 7600X - 2x16GB Kingston KF560C36BBEK2-32

I come from a DDR3 platform and skipped DDR4 so have I no personal experience with memory settings in general

I just built this yesterday so I haven't tried anything yet (wouldn't know what to try actually). I only applied the Expo profiles. The first one wouldn't boot and just took me to BIOS page for unexpected failure. The second one worked but it was tested for only one hour so I don't really know if it's stable.
I wanted to know if i have to enable some setting in BIOS just because other people with same setup were able to run 1.
Expo 1: 6000 36-38-38 @ 1.35v
Expo 2: 5600 36-38-38 @ 1.25v

Right now I have the version F2 of the bios but have seen F6b on the website. Should I upgrade straight to last or every three?

It does not say you need to update in steps, you can go straight to the latest version.

The latest version will probably have more memory compatibility and it may be stable with EXPO 1 profile, so I'd try that first before anything else.

I come from a DDR3 platform and skipped DDR4 so have I no personal experience with memory settings in general

I just built this yesterday so I haven't tried anything yet (wouldn't know what to try actually). I only applied the Expo profiles. The first one wouldn't boot and just took me to BIOS page for unexpected failure. The second one worked but it was tested for only one hour so I don't really know if it's stable.
I wanted to know if i have to enable some setting in BIOS just because other people with same setup were able to run 1.

Right now I have the version F2 of the bios but have seen F6b on the website. Should I upgrade straight to last or every three?

7 minutes ago, Jenko32 said:

It does not say you need to update in steps, you can go straight to the latest version.

The latest version will probably have more memory compatibility and it may be stable with EXPO 1 profile, so I'd try that first before anything else.

I updated directly to F6b and now it boots with 6000MHz. I'll have to try if it's really stable but thanks