Docking Station Help

Ryousha

Hello, I've been trying to setup my office to switch from personal to work pc with a KVM. I've been able to solution the personal PC just fine but running into issues with the work laptop. Can't seem to get all 3 monitors running at a good resolution. Ran into various issues from flickering to only displaying at -460p. When using DP everything works great but haven't been able to find a docking station that has triple DP nor has my attempts at purchasing HDMI -> DP cables worked. Been getting frustrated now so reaching out for help. For the work laptop, I only care about getting 1080p and the peripherals if that helps at all. The current docking stations I have, one works rather well and if I can find a working HDMI->DP cable, that'll complete this. But if anyone knows a 3 DP docking station that can handle this, I'd take that as well. Or is there something else I may be missing??

Here is a very detailed and professional level diagram of the setup

spacer.png

three 1440p 144hz displays will exceed dp1.4 bandwidth by more than a lot. 

you will have to ensure that your laptop is dp2.0 at minimum and your dock is dp2.0 at minimum. 

it doesnt matter past that, the dock can output three 1.4 and ou can switch three 1.4, but the combined three bandwidth is too much for one port.