Recomendations for online community?

Hey Ltt forums,

I recently went to a vanilla growers conference in Hawaii, and we discussed forming an online community for us to share information and grow the community.

I'm like many of you in that I'm all over the web, from email listserves to google groups, slack, discord, and of course Ltt forums (just lurking till now).

I also recognize that the internet is constantly changing and best practices tend to move pretty quickly.

So LTT forums, in 2023, what platforms would you consider building on to help facilitate an irl/ online community? I know discord and slack are pretty popular. I'm a part of both but also recognize the drawbacks, like having to pay for accounts and servers that you ultimately don't control. I also have always been a fan of traditional forums, but they can be clunky.

What is your preference? If you were starting something in 2023 what would you go with?

On 5/2/2023 at 11:18 PM, CrustyTrombone said:

Hey Ltt forums,

I recently went to a vanilla growers conference in Hawaii, and we discussed forming an online community for us to share information and grow the community.

I'm like many of you in that I'm all over the web, from email listserves to google groups, slack, discord, and of course Ltt forums (just lurking till now).

I also recognize that the internet is constantly changing and best practices tend to move pretty quickly.

So LTT forums, in 2023, what platforms would you consider building on to help facilitate an irl/ online community? I know discord and slack are pretty popular. I'm a part of both but also recognize the drawbacks, like having to pay for accounts and servers that you ultimately don't control. I also have always been a fan of traditional forums, but they can be clunky.

What is your preference? If you were starting something in 2023 what would you go with?

Create a subreddit?

There is approximately a 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply