Computer shuts off randomly while playing games.

IShyGuyI

So the story goes, I was playing the new Jedi game and my computer shut off randomly. This happened a few times with Forza horizon 4 way back when. My computer is clean, I have the graphics drivers up to date and it doesn't shut off any other times. I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

what are your specs and powersupply?

I'm running a Asrock x570 taichi motherboard with a Ryzen 7 3700x and a Radeon 5700xt for my GPU. As for my power supply i have a Corsair RM650x 80+ gold

Install MSI Afterburner and monitor temps for CPU and GPU to see if something is overheating.

i9 13900k | MSI Z790 CARBON WiFi | 32GB Kingston FURY Beast | Asus TUF Gaming 4090 OC | WD Black NVMe 1TB | WD 2TB SSD | Thermaltake 1350 80 Plus Gold | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm | Windows 11 Pro | Alienware 240hz | Phanteks Eclipse P500A Digital LED | HyperX Alloy | Logitech G502 | HyperX Alpha

7 hours ago, Mondale said:

Install MSI Afterburner and monitor temps for CPU and GPU to see if something is overheating.

Will it save the values just before the crash? Also It gives me an error of 05

7 hours ago, Mondale said:

I cant get the overlay to work, I've added hot keys to toggle and looked at multiple videos but it still doesn't work

Make sure you have the show on screen box checked for everything you want to see on screen while in game. You will also notice it change to in OSD for the properties when enabled.

image.png.cad1bf230ed31b6d08e35eab9e55144c.png

i9 13900k | MSI Z790 CARBON WiFi | 32GB Kingston FURY Beast | Asus TUF Gaming 4090 OC | WD Black NVMe 1TB | WD 2TB SSD | Thermaltake 1350 80 Plus Gold | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm | Windows 11 Pro | Alienware 240hz | Phanteks Eclipse P500A Digital LED | HyperX Alloy | Logitech G502 | HyperX Alpha