2 Gaming set-ups, 1 PC

GTC

Would it be possible for both me and my gf to play CSGO or other games at the same time on the same PC?

And would a 7800X3D + 4090 build be fine for this? 

Edit: Seems this is not a good idea, especially for online games. Could i do it for Minecraft on LAN?

Gaming VMs aren't a good idea. For one thing, some anti-cheat software gets tripped if it detects it's running in a virtual machine (even if you're not cheating).

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

This wouldve been good idea... until Tim Sweeney ruins everything, anticheat hates VMs. You can apply that to a lot of things but this is definitely one of them.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

38 minutes ago, GTC said:

And would a 7800X3D + 4090 build be fine for this? 

If you decide to ignore the very good advice already given, know that two GPU are required for gaming. One for each player.

To host two GPU with reasonable performance, one needs a motherboard that offers two PCIe x16 slots using 8 CPU lanes each. These motherboards are significantly more expensive than a basic gaming model. And of course a high capacity, (1400W+), PSU, preferably one that supports two 12VHPWR connectors if RTX 4000 are used.

There really is little to no savings building a single PC for two concurrent gamers.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

3 hours ago, 8tg said:

For the cost of that build and the performance you’d get running multiple VMs for gaming, I recommend just getting two competent gaming PCs in the same budget.

99% of the time it will just be me using the PC, so would still make more sense for me to get 1 high end gaming PC

1 hour ago, GTC said:

99% of the time it will just be me using the PC, so would still make more sense for me to get 1 high end gaming PC

So what you really need to satisfy are a high-end gamer and a more casual gamer?

What's the budget and country?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

46 minutes ago, brob said:

What's the budget and country?

Just made a post in new builds help:

All the details are there :))