Need help with my OC Bios!!

Daniel Gorgievski

Hello guys, so a few months ago i did a little digging in my BIOS and i touched a couple of settings and made my pc way faster than it was. Today My nephew decided to click load optimized defaults in bios and now i dont remember what the settings were, i tried to do them again but my games are lagging now for some reason , if you guys can help me make my pc faster somehow in BIOS that would be nice. Im bad at overclocking and i really dont remember how i did it last time, i know i overclocked my cpu at 4.6ghz.

Cpu: Ryzen 5 5600x

gpu: rtx 3060 Gigabyte

Mb: Asus Tuf b550 Plus

Look for PBO and enable it. Maybe mess with the PBO limits and the curve optimizer as well if you want to put more effort in as well. Any more tuning in Ryzen 5000 isn't really worth the time, effort, and loss of single thread power. 

3 minutes ago, Daniel Gorgievski said:

Today My nephew decided to click load optimized defaults in bios and now i dont remember what the settings were

For next time, every BIOS I've ever used has had the ability to save profiles, both to inside the BIOS and to an external flash drive. I believe for ASUS boards you have to go to the "tools" tab to find the submenu for an overclocking profile. Once you figure that out, you probably want to save the profile. 

9 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Look for PBO and enable it. Maybe mess with the PBO limits and the curve optimizer as well if you want to put more effort in as well. Any more tuning in Ryzen 5000 isn't really worth the time, effort, and loss of single thread power. 

For next time, every BIOS I've ever used has had the ability to save profiles, both to inside the BIOS and to an external flash drive. I believe for ASUS boards you have to go to the "tools" tab to find the submenu for an overclocking profile. Once you figure that out, you probably want to save the profile. 

hello, i enabled PBO, and Asus Performance Enhancement and i made the core clock stay at 46.00. And i enabled XMP is that all good?

6 hours ago, Daniel Gorgievski said:

hello, i enabled PBO, and Asus Performance Enhancement and i made the core clock stay at 46.00. And i enabled XMP is that all good?

The ASUS performance enhancement is probably better left off from my experience, but the others being enabled is good.