I built a pc

IMG_20230428_190746521.thumb.jpg.4dd26d9e502b0cf065340d55812d0241.jpgIMG_20230428_190806774_HDR.thumb.jpg.a25f059e7f01485944677a69180f5353.jpgI built a pc and I'm getting no display I took out the cmos battery out for 5 minutes and put it back in still nothing I reseated the grafics card ram and CPU and still nothing my CPU is Ryzen 7 5700x and the motherboard is b450 and I'm not sure what the GPU is it's Radeon oh ya and on the top of the motherboard there is a white vga light on it and on the bottom of the motherboard there's a orange light

1 minute ago, Panda966 said:

I built a pc and I'm getting no display I took out the cmos battery out for 5 minutes and put it back in still nothing I reseated the grafics card ram and CPU and still nothing 

Please start by listing out all your system specs and if there are any lights lit up on your motherboard debug LEDs or any qcode readouts. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 minutes ago, Panda966 said:

I just re edited my post

What motherboard? Is it brand new, or used? It may need a BIOS update. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

It's used my friend used it but he used it with a Ryzen 7 5700x so wouldn't it already be updated?

28 minutes ago, Panda966 said:

It's used my friend used it but he used it with a Ryzen 7 5700x so wouldn't it already be updated?

Let's assume so. Since it's the VGA light that's popping up, are you sure you have your display cable in the GPU? Are you sure the power cables are properly fitted? The orange light, on some motherboards, might just be for visuals. If possible, send a photo of the build, more preferably.

1 hour ago, Panda966 said:

IMG_20230428_190746521.thumb.jpg.4dd26d9e502b0cf065340d55812d0241.jpgIMG_20230428_190806774_HDR.thumb.jpg.a25f059e7f01485944677a69180f5353.jpgI built a pc and I'm getting no display I took out the cmos battery out for 5 minutes and put it back in still nothing I reseated the grafics card ram and CPU and still nothing my CPU is Ryzen 7 5700x and the motherboard is b450 and I'm not sure what the GPU is it's Radeon oh ya and on the top of the motherboard there is a white vga light on it and on the bottom of the motherboard there's a orange light

Hi, If I were you I'd double check all connections. As others have said here. Users with your MOBO have reported a BIOS update via USB did the trick for them. They had no signal. I'd defo check and download a bios to USB.

Bit of a tech guy, converted to PC's when consoles did not entertain me enough, the last console being an Xbox, was fun with Halo multi-play though. But  the want to discover, to test, to learn more about computers drove me to levels I had never known...

Some GPU's I have had, 8800GTS 384MB, 7800GT, GEFORCE 4 MX440, 250GTS,  770 GTX, 1650 GTX, RTX 3050 Plus many other GPU's over the years...

The respect I have for LMG is massive like a black hole, sucking in all the knowledge, I watch their awesome video's, their knowledge is like that of a God. Seriously some say they are number 1 in the whole wide world. LMG is like the INTEL fabrication plant. Beaming with technology goodness...

How exactly do a download the bios update I have a USB and a laptop but how if I get no display or a button on the motherboard for it or whatever?

6 minutes ago, Panda966 said:

How exactly do a download the bios update I have a USB and a laptop but how if I get no display or a button on the motherboard for it or whatever?

If we knew make of motherboard as there are various makes B450 model. We'll try and help you get this RIG loaded.

Is it an MSI B450 TOMAHAWK? What CPU compound are you using?

Bit of a tech guy, converted to PC's when consoles did not entertain me enough, the last console being an Xbox, was fun with Halo multi-play though. But  the want to discover, to test, to learn more about computers drove me to levels I had never known...

Some GPU's I have had, 8800GTS 384MB, 7800GT, GEFORCE 4 MX440, 250GTS,  770 GTX, 1650 GTX, RTX 3050 Plus many other GPU's over the years...

The respect I have for LMG is massive like a black hole, sucking in all the knowledge, I watch their awesome video's, their knowledge is like that of a God. Seriously some say they are number 1 in the whole wide world. LMG is like the INTEL fabrication plant. Beaming with technology goodness...

Im not sure exactly and why dose the CPU compound matter at all?

Im not sure exactly and why dose the CPU compound matter at all?

Okay. Well sometimes it can be the compound, I've had CPU's not booting due to compound being old and dry. Even when the CPU has been pasted it has done a no signal, memory can cause it too and GPU's. How many sticks of RAM is there? Just try one in different slots and try booting. These are things you can try.

It's new compound theres one stick in there right now there was 2 but I took the second one out and still nothing 

It's new compound theres one stick in there right now there was 2 but I took the second one out and still nothing 

What cable to monitor are you using? Has your motherboard got onboard GPU? If so take out GPU and plug monitor in to motherboard GPU. Just for test.

I'm using an HDMI cable, my CPU doesn't have integrated graphics 

I'm using an HDMI cable, my CPU doesn't have integrated graphics 

Without me checking your MOBO details has your motherboard not got inbuilt graphics? 

Sometimes when your MOBO has onboard graphics and you plug a GPU onto it, it can be set in BIOS to boot with onboard still and not the GPU. Check that on your RIG.

Still nothing

Have you tried shorting the CMOS reset pins for 30 seconds?

No but I have taken the battery out

What I'd do in your scenario is take everything out of CASE and setup out of case, sometimes that can help. Ideally if you had spare CPU, RAM, etc you could then find out what is going on but you haven't and I know these things are a downer, this is where computing tests your mind. 

Sometimes it is one part what is faulty like PSU, MOBO, RAM, GPU, etc. Sometimes it can be a BIOS setting, sometimes it can actually be CPU COMPOUND that just needs reapplying, once I had an AMD RIG and I had to keep re-pasting CPU because the COMPOUND wasn't the best and then BAM!!!! it booted! after about 7 times of reapplying, I buzzed out! and set it up for a SESH.

6 hours ago, Trinity-W said:

Without me checking your MOBO details has your motherboard not got inbuilt graphics? 

Sometimes when your MOBO has onboard graphics and you plug a GPU onto it, it can be set in BIOS to boot with onboard still and not the GPU. Check that on your RIG.

MOBO's usually don't have integrated GPU.. unless it's a laptop.. 

if a "MOBO" has hdmi or displayport ports, it's for the CPU integrated iGPU.. that he don't have.. so it won't work. 

@Panda966 i see it's a first build but that's ok.. cable seems installed. check that PCIE plugs are properly connected on the PSU side. 

i see no frontpanel buttons are connected. do you start it with shorting the two left top pins on the frontpanel connector pin cluster? 

Pcie cables checked, ya I short the 2 pins with a screw driver