Will Corsair rm1000x shift fit into Lian li Lancool 216?

Tadziunia
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,
3 minutes ago, filpo said:

it'll fit 

image.png.086a8a3e414b2c31f0c95787ffab1aac.png

image.png.a44d43b11f7992dc3380a80d35ffa503.png

... The issue with the RMx Shift and case compatibility is not the length of the power supply. The RMx Shift features a modular panel on the side of the power supply, which requires a case to be wide enough and have room against the side panel for the cables.

(I swear I've had this conversation with you before?)

19 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

However it is not clear if it will fit psu. Any ideas ?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Corsair has a list of cases that they've validated the power supply is compatible with, but there's only a couple of cases they've validated and none of Lian Li's cases are listed.  https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/13506805630221-Which-CORSAIR-cases-are-the-the-RMx-SHIFT-PSUs-compatible-with-What-about-non-CORSAIR-cases-

Just because it's not listed doesn't mean it won't fit, they probably just haven't tested it.

The RMx page says that a case width of at least 210mm is required, and the Lian Li 216 spec sheet lists it as 235mm - though it's important that the case has adequate space on the rear side panel where the cables plug in rather than just total width of the case. You need at least 30mm for the cables. Looking at photos of the case giving it a rough eyeball I think it might fit but I'd still recommend measuring it before buying the PSU.

There are other power supplies that include the 12VHPWR cable. Could also buy the cable separately if your friend didn't want to use the included adapter.

Hey guys, building a pc and picking parts. My friend wants lianli case but also wants new shift psu, because it has new 12pin connector out of the box. However it is not clear if it will fit psu. Any ideas ?

12 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

Hey guys, building a pc and picking parts. My friend wants lianli case but also wants new shift psu, because it has new 12pin connector out of the box. However it is not clear if it will fit psu. Any ideas ?

it'll fit 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

3 minutes ago, filpo said:

it'll fit 

... The issue with the RMx Shift and case compatibility is not the length of the power supply. The RMx Shift features a modular panel on the side of the power supply, which requires a case to be wide enough and have room against the side panel for the cables.

(I swear I've had this conversation with you before?)

19 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

However it is not clear if it will fit psu. Any ideas ?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Corsair has a list of cases that they've validated the power supply is compatible with, but there's only a couple of cases they've validated and none of Lian Li's cases are listed.  https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/13506805630221-Which-CORSAIR-cases-are-the-the-RMx-SHIFT-PSUs-compatible-with-What-about-non-CORSAIR-cases-

Just because it's not listed doesn't mean it won't fit, they probably just haven't tested it.

The RMx page says that a case width of at least 210mm is required, and the Lian Li 216 spec sheet lists it as 235mm - though it's important that the case has adequate space on the rear side panel where the cables plug in rather than just total width of the case. You need at least 30mm for the cables. Looking at photos of the case giving it a rough eyeball I think it might fit but I'd still recommend measuring it before buying the PSU.

There are other power supplies that include the 12VHPWR cable. Could also buy the cable separately if your friend didn't want to use the included adapter.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The issue with the RMx Shift and case compatibility is not the length of the power supply. The RMx Shift features a modular panel on the side of the power supply, which requires a case to be wide enough and have room against the side panel for the cables.

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I'm pretty sure that if you squeeze the cables that it will fit, there should be at least 2 or 3cm on the side (there is on my 4000d at least)

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)