New PC build, I am so undecided!

Budget (including currency): between 3000 and 5000 Euro.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Everything including games and programming, developing. Maybe I will also start streaming on youtube ( maybe 😂 )

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello guys, I am here because I don't know which PC components to choose, I made my shopping cart and untill now I have this parts:

Motherboard: 

ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS Mainboard Socket AM5 - 289,99 €

or

ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI Mainboard Socket AM5 - 293,00 €

CPU: 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X CPU - 609,00 €

PSU:

Corsair RM Series RM1000e 2022 | 1000W - 161,48 €

or

Gigabyte P1000GM | 1000W PC power supply - €124.90

or

EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G+ | 1300W - 201,16 €

or any other between 1000 and 1300, because I am not sure how much I need

CPU Cooler:

Corsair iCUE H150i RGB ELITE | AiO water cooling - €192.05

or I can go for another in the price range of 200 Euro

SSD:

Kingston KC3000 SSD 2048GB M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 NVMe - €137.90

( I will buy 2 of this, or another of 1 TB for use as main, where I will install OS )

RAM:

Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 EXPO DIMM memory - €152.99

RAM timings:
latency    CL30
tRCD    36
tRP    36
tRAP    76

( I will get 2 of this, are the best I found for the price, I need in total 64 GB Ram )

GPU:

Palit RTX4090 Gamerock OC 24GB graphics card - 3x DisplayPort/1x HDMI - €1,665.72

( Is the cheapest I found and it also have good reviews everywhere, and I saw that Palit GameRock edition, lately made good and solid gpus, if there are better options let me know )

There are also options from ASUS TUF and ASUS ROG Strix, but the price is kind of high, ASUS TUF for 1849 EUro and ASUS ROG Strix for 2099 Euro. At the end of the day, the GPU will do the same thing, is just brand name and game of rgb lights.

PC Case:

ASUS ROG Strix Helios | PC case - €331.89

maybe yes, maybe not, I can also live with a nice and big case which costs between 70 and 100 Euro. I liked that from ASUS because is very big and nice, and you have plenty of space inside, even for put your GPU standing (which I think is more healthy).

Monitor:

Here is my biggest question! As far as I know Hertz are kind of important to gaming monitor, because is not worth to have a ultimate PC and using a 60Hz monitor.

I will get one with minimum 165Hz or higher. I want minimum 165Hz because gaming with full details in 4k you will not need more, and anyway our human eye doesn't notice more than 165Hz (or at least my eyes)

The diagonal will be minimum 31,5 Inch and maximum 34 Inch, I don't need more, and it must be 16:9, I don't like too wide screens.

Now the resolution, here is my main "problem" I can say, because right now I have a PC with i5 7600k overclocked to 4,8ghz (stable), 64gb ram ddr4 3200mhz, and Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB, and I am using a Samsung 60hz 1080p monitor with 31,5 Inch diagonal, curved with VA panel (I got that monitor for 160 Euro). The thing is that I can run games in 4k on this monitor and they are looking very very good, just like I am playing on a native 4k monitor.

The big question:

Should I buy a monitor with native 4k resolution ? Or simply buy one with 165hz or higher and 1080p ? What will be the difference? Please enlight me because I would like to make the purchase in this night.

In case a native 4k monitor will make a big difference, please link me some good monitors that I can buy for my future PC build setup. It must be between 31,5 and 34 Inch, it must be curved, and it must have minimum 165Hz. I wanted to go for the Samsung Odyssey OLED but I don't like extra wide screens.

OFF Topic:

I tryed gaming on my TV which is an Panasonic OLED 4k with 120hz and HDR10 function, and it looks very good. ( I tryed that when I had the Radeon 6950 from ASUS, but I returned it because the new GPUs came in the market and I knew for that 955 Euro price I can get a better gpu in 2 or 3 months.

So here I am now, trying to build my future PC.

Why are you considering the ROG mobo?

You might benefit from looking at the results on HWCooling.Net, or watch KitGuruTech's review/ comparison videos. Note that each  KGT video only shows results from some (18?) of the AIOs and air coolers they've tested. If I recall correctly,  the EK Nucleus 360 is currently at the top.  An Endorfy 240 AIO (formerly Silentium) did pretty well (top 5?) against 360s.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/mTWx78

Go for that evga 1300w wherever the hell you are getting one for that cheap, much better value than an overpriced rmx, also that perticular gigabyte psu is explosive

You sure you want a full tower case? Theyre pretty huge cases, but went for the cheapest one i could find

50 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Why are you considering the ROG mobo?

You might benefit from looking at the results on HWCooling.Net, or watch KitGuruTech's review/ comparison videos. Note that each  KGT video only shows results from some (18?) of the AIOs and air coolers they've tested. If I recall correctly,  the EK Nucleus 360 is currently at the top.  An Endorfy 240 AIO (formerly Silentium) did pretty well (top 5?) against 360s.

To be honest I don't really understand what you are talking about. I think you talk about the CPU cooler maybe?

26 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Go for that evga 1300w wherever the hell you are getting one for that cheap, much better value than an overpriced rmx, also that perticular gigabyte psu is explosive

You sure you want a full tower case? Theyre pretty huge cases, but went for the cheapest one i could find

26 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

It cost more to order all parts from different websites because here in Germany they charge you between 6 and 8 Euro for transport.

3 minutes ago, SaddamAWP01 said:

To be honest I don't really understand what you are talking about. I think you talk about the CPU cooler maybe?

So sorry, yes, I'm talking about the cooler. That Corsair is good, but there are better options. Another one near the top of the list is Lian Li Galahad. Both that and the EK Nucleus are around US$200, so that's less than 200 euro, right? I think the Endorfy is less expensive, and quieter...?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

2 minutes ago, SaddamAWP01 said:

It cost more to order all parts from different websites because here in Germany they charge you between 6 and 8 Euro for transport.

If I order from that site, amazon will deliver all in 1 package? I never seen such website 😀

9 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

So sorry, yes, I'm talking about the cooler. That Corsair is good, but there are better options. Another one near the top of the list is Lian Li Galahad. Both that and the EK Nucleus are around US$200, so that's less than 200 euro, right? I think the Endorfy is less expensive, and quieter...?

I don't know many things about cpu coolers, I just saw Linus using it all the time in his PC builds on youtube. And I heard is the best CPU cooler.

30 minutes ago, SaddamAWP01 said:

Itll still be cheaper than ordering from 1 single store cause prices arent always optimal for everything on 1 store, besides look at the damn budget and part count, only like 8 parts so thats a mere 64€

9 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Itll still be cheaper than ordering from 1 single store cause prices arent always optimal for everything on 1 store, besides look at the damn budget and part count, only like 8 parts so thats a mere 64€

Is weird that the Mainboard selected by you on that site shows that doesn't have Wifi, but in the site from where I have it in shopping cart, it say it does have Wifi. I want the mainboard to have Bluetooth 5.2, Wifi, and to look at least decent, doesn't matter if it cost more with 50 Euro. I am now building the PC on that site because is better for the budget, but they have minimal filters.

9 minutes ago, SaddamAWP01 said:

Is weird that the Mainboard selected by you on that site shows that doesn't have Wifi, but in the site from where I have it in shopping cart, it say it does have Wifi. I want the mainboard to have Bluetooth 5.2, Wifi, and to look at least decent, doesn't matter if it cost more with 50 Euro. I am now building the PC on that site because is better for the budget, but they have minimal filters.

Nope doesnt have wifi

Look at the b650 tuf or b650 aorus elite ax

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Nope doesnt have wifi

Look at the b650 tuf or b650 aorus elite ax

5600 mhz with 28 CL or 6000 mhz with 30 CL? I found cheaper ram but without RGB, I told myself if I spend that much for a PC, make it at least looking nice, I will keep it on the desk and I will be seeing it non-stop. But I really don't know, spend extra 60 Euro for RGB on rams or keep it simple?

26 minutes ago, SaddamAWP01 said:

I told myself if I spend that much for a PC, make it at least looking nice, I will keep it on the desk and I will be seeing it non-stop. But I really don't know, spend extra 60 Euro for RGB on rams or keep it simple?

fair, but no 60 more. I personally love how patriot viper ram looks, but I am not sure if they have it in ddr5 6000 yet.

I try to be a human, but I cannot, because I have returned to monke.

Spoiler

Hehe boi

Spoiler

POV- when it can run crysis-

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

Watched some more videos from Linus and he say that 5600 with CL28 is the sweet spot for AMD cpu, and more than 6000 is not even relevant, the price does not justify for the very small improvment.

1 hour ago, SaddamAWP01 said:

5600 mhz with 28 CL or 6000 mhz with 30 CL? I found cheaper ram but without RGB, I told myself if I spend that much for a PC, make it at least looking nice, I will keep it on the desk and I will be seeing it non-stop. But I really don't know, spend extra 60 Euro for RGB on rams or keep it simple?

6000c32 or 5600c30, unless the diff is <5€ dont pay more for lower cas cause that timings doesnt do shit for ram performance, and its still gonna be the same hynix a die

And 60€ for rgb? Gimme 60€ and ill build a fucking tec ram cooler or a waterchiller for the rams instead of some lame ass rgb, both equally useless here cause ryzen imc sucks so no use for subzero rams but hey bragging rights > lame aesthetics =p

27 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

6000c32 or 5600c30, unless the diff is <5€ dont pay more for lower cas cause that timings doesnt do shit for ram performance, and its still gonna be the same hynix a die

And 60€ for rgb? Gimme 60€ and ill build a fucking tec ram cooler or a waterchiller for the rams instead of some lame ass rgb, both equally useless here cause ryzen imc sucks so no use for subzero rams but hey bragging rights > lame aesthetics =p

about that ssd you recommended, there are people complaining that it overheats and the system crash.

1 minute ago, SaddamAWP01 said:

about that ssd you recommended, there are people complaining that it overheats and the system crash.

Proper review or a user review?

If you are scared about heat just get the gen3 mushkin tempest for 30€ cheaper, all gen4 run hot so keep that in mind, problably just point a fan at the mobo ssd heatsink if you still want gen4 speeds but no heat issues

7 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Proper review or a user review?

If you are scared about heat just get the gen3 mushkin tempest for 30€ cheaper, all gen4 run hot so keep that in mind, problably just point a fan at the mobo ssd heatsink if you still want gen4 speeds but no heat issues

In my current PC build I have 0 issues, and I keep it opened non-stop because I run a gameserver on it. I never had any problem with overheating. Is weird of all this new stuff have a lot of problems with overheating. As SSD I use SSD ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro 1TB PCI Express 3.0 x4 M.2 2280.

What about the monitor? Should I get one 31,5 inch 1080p with higher refresh rate and use nvidia virtual resolution ?

8 hours ago, SaddamAWP01 said:

EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G+ | 1300W - 201,16 €

Where are you getting this PSU at this price from? 

Asking because I am also a non-german living in Germany and I'm planning on doing a similar build soon.

8 hours ago, SaddamAWP01 said:

I don't know many things about cpu coolers, I just saw Linus using it all the time in his PC builds on youtube. And I heard is the best CPU cooler.

Ok, well, you MUST have a CPU cooler. The H150i is a very good AIO (all-in-one) water cooler, but it isn't THE best, which is why I suggested KGT's videos (this one is for the EK Nucleus (which should fulfill your desire for a pretty cooler) compared against 15 or so other coolers). You'll need, of course, to make sure the cooler you choose will actually fit in your case, though!

Since you're in Germany, watch derBauer instead of Linus. He's arguably better, and he doesn't spend half his time doing paid advertisements for sponsors and partners, nor does he produce 20 out of 24ish videos a week that are fluff.

8 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

The H150i is a very good AIO (all-in-one) water cooler

Also its about 3 times an arctic liquid freezer ii 360 (not worth it) @SaddamAWP01

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

3 minutes ago, filpo said:

Also its about 3 times an arctic liquid freezer ii 360 (not worth it) @SaddamAWP01

That's fair, if the OP doesn't have the budget, but the price is not 3x. It's about $70 more ($170 vs $220). Being an unrepentant fan of a brand or product leaves you open for criticism, my friend, especially since there are better AIOs out there (aside from quietness). 😉 The EK Nucleus will sell for about $210 soon, and is the best for cooling, but average for fan noise.  Maybe if you put some Arctic fans on it, lol, but the P12 Max is noisy, too.

image.thumb.png.7b5bfada293d60f5d7ce3489d45ab185.png

image.thumb.png.e0dbc857903224e7b36d2de9b142216f.png

image.thumb.png.6cd3f31943ef6ad26e623af0b43ff101.png

image.thumb.png.8b53386d170dd94b386ff91a0be8768e.png

@SaddamAWP01 If the charts are confusing, the points are:

• The tester used overclocking. This accentuates the differences in performance between the coolers.
    • Which is to say that the differences between all of these coolers are not huge and, if you're running your PC in air-conditioning, will not likely be evident most of the time unless you overclock manually, automatically (PBO), remove the power limit.
  • Keep in mind that the chart only shows SOME AIOs, not ALL.
  • You can see that some 260/280mm coolers outperformed some 360mm coolers, with Endorfy's Navis F280 being the top 2-fan AIO, beating the Arctic by only 4, 2 and 4 degrees C respectively, but was 6 dB(A) louder. In contrast, the EK Nucleus was 10 dB(A) louder but beat the Arctic by 7, 3 and 4 degrees respectively.
    • In case you're wondering, the Endorfy Navis 360 didn't perform as well as the 280. I requested that they review it, and they did so in the next video.

1 minute ago, RevGAM said:

That's fair, if the OP doesn't have the budget, but the price is not 3x. It's about $70 more ($170 vs $220).

ye its just last time i saw them together on the us market (about 2 weeks ago) the corsair was 300 bucks and the 360 was at a low (about 130) so ye never 3 times. I don't really like corsair products personally (i mean their coolers and fans, not cases) since they seem overpriced and sacrifice performance for looks

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

5 hours ago, GTC said:

Where are you getting this PSU at this price from? 

Asking because I am also a non-german living in Germany and I'm planning on doing a similar build soon.

So weird, after you question, price changed to 259 Euro lol. at a store named NBB