(BSOD) "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE" 1 week old Acer Nitro 5 A515-46

marsfarce

1 week old laptop, latest window 11, GeForce experience drivers. Acer app says up-to-date. My Bios is 1.09 and the latest bios on the Acer website is also 1.09.

Issue occurs more frequently when unplugged (6-7x in 20 minutes yesterday) - I noticed the trackpad stops responding, then 30 seconds later...BSOD,

but I recall it happened when plugged in as well, I plugged in my logitech g703 USB dongle in the right port and then BSOD

I have 2 USB dongles plugged in: 1 for my Bluetooth headphones (Logitech APTX) and 1 for my Logitech mouse (I vaguely read that this BSOD can be due to peripherals but I havent tried unplugging them yet)

Things i've tried: reinstalling Nvidia drivers with DDU in safe mode, uninstalling logitech g-hub.

I really don’t want to return the laptop and spend hours re-installing software.

My question is, is this hardware or software? I’d appreciate everybody’s input 🙂

I've attached 5 DMP files + reliability history.

Thank you.

042523-10953-01.dmp 042523-13421-01.dmp 042523-20187-01.dmp 042623-11359-01.dmp 042623-12500-01.dmp Reliability History.XML

32 minutes ago, spongebob123789 said:

1) Plug your laptop to some other switch in the house with a spike(not surge) protector.

2)Revert back to Windows 10 Home(not pro). 

3) After this DDU install GPU driver to stable(not latest). Look for stable version on official website.

4) Roll back BIOS version to previous ones which are stable, using a pen drive. 

5) After this use 'Advanced System Care' to repair PC.

If the problem still persists contact ACER. It might be a hardware problem then. Fingers crossed. 

Thanks for the quick reply.

1)wouldn't the issue not be related to a spike since it also occurs even more frequently when unplugged

2)the laptop came with windows 11 out of the box. Would it still be worth it to install windows 10 then?

3) I've tried the stable version of Nvidia drivers from windows update. No difference unfortunately 

4) how would I know which bios versions are "stable"?

Ok I’ll have a look into these thank you.

It’s a 1 week old laptop so I could probably just walk into the store and hopefully swap it. I just don’t want to spend hours reinstalling my stuff again. But in the process of diagnosing this I’ve already wasted so much time.

Would appreciate if someone looked into the DMP files as well. 

Resetting windows 11 ultimately fixed the issue, thanks for your help!