How do Avantree tws106 compare to other earbuds and what is the best replacement?

kitnoman

So I have a few headsets. But I only have an airpods and this tws106  earbuds. Of course the airpods is better sounding, but how does it compare with other $80 and below earbuds? I got it for $30, two years back with a discount. Basically it's best feature  is a 120hrs(7 hrs on earbuds and 113hrs on charging case) and that it's ipx7 water resistant, meaning I can use it while I job or hike while raining. But my question is how does it compare with what's available now? If I'm going to get another "sports" earbuds that I can use while raining or swimming, what are your suggestions? Thank!

Are you saying that they spend more time charging than in use?  Is this from lack of a need to use or they take forever to charge?

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

1 hour ago, Psittac said:

Are you saying that they spend more time charging than in use?  Is this from lack of a need to use or they take forever to charge?

sorry, I meant that the total playtime is 120hrs, before you need to charge it to the wall. The earbuds at one full charge goes up to 7hrs, while the case provide 113hrs charge. It takes around an 30mins to 1hr, I think, to fully charge the buds from it's case. Personally, there was never really a time where I needed it and it wasn't charged. Though, it does not have wireless charging or an app like the more expensive once. But it's really great for my use case for it. I can go camping for a week or two, and still have plenty of charge when I go back. It's just that it's already almost two years and I'm not good at taking care of it. So it's still working, but I don't think it's water-resistant/proof anymore. I scratched some of the rubbers off so it's not sealed anymore. that's why I'm looking for a new affordable sports earbuds. Probably $200 or less, Ideally around $100, I mean I have an airpod pro to use when I'm at home or the office. What I need is something that I can use even when it's raining, or at the most extreme, a dip in a river/lake when crossing it when I'm hiking. It's just that, while I'm willing to spend on a more expensive earbuds, at the very least it should be better than this tws106.