Removing LTT backpack logo

-|ZeRO|-

Hi

I wanna remove the logo, not sure if i can without damaging the backpack

previous post with no answer:

thanks

DISCLAIMER: I don't have a Backpack and I haven't seen anyone do this yet, so I'm assuming it's just sewn on (not glued and sewn).

The tool you want to use is a seam ripper, which should only cost a couple dollars at a craft store or big-box department store. Use the seam ripper to get underneath the stitching around the edges of the logo and cut the threads. Then you should be able to take the logo off, leaving little pieces of thread you can either pick out or snip flush and push inside (if the back isn't accessible due to a liner).

This will probably leave a square of pin holes where the logo used to be. You should be able to massage the fabric to minimize them, but they'll still be visible to an extent.

Just remember the "Trust Me Bro" guarantee does not cover "unauthorized modification or alteration".

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

DISCLAIMER: I don't have a Backpack and I haven't seen anyone do this yet, so I'm assuming it's just sewn on (not glued and sewn).

The tool you want to use is a seam ripper, which should only cost a couple dollars at a craft store or big-box department store. Use the seam ripper to get underneath the stitching around the edges of the logo and cut the threads. Then you should be able to take the logo off, leaving little pieces of thread you can either pick out or snip flush and push inside (if the back isn't accessible due to a liner).

This will probably leave a square of pin holes where the logo used to be. You should be able to massage the fabric to minimize them, but they'll still be visible to an extent.

Just remember the "Trust Me Bro" guarantee does not cover "unauthorized modification or alteration".

Thanks for your response 

what you’re saying make sense, I appreciate it.

i have the backpack already, i just don’t want to risk it since it’s really expensive.

i am gonna wait on someone who hopefully have done this  

someone recently posted this picture on the subreddit.

just gonna chime in and say; removing the logo isn't gonna make a difference when you're clearly carrying a lot of gear in a huge boxy backpack.

yzas87jc9iwa1.jpg

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

27 minutes ago, saint_louis_bagels said:

someone recently posted this picture on the subreddit.

just gonna chime in and say; removing the logo isn't gonna make a difference when you're clearly carrying a lot of gear in a huge boxy backpack.

True, but personally I'd also like to remove the logo it's just a little too much IMO. I prefer the subtle logo on the carabiners, isn't really about anything other than wanting to remove the big branding. I'm waiting on the smaller version of the backpack since it might fit me better, but I can totally see why someone would want to remove the patch from the backpack even if it's only for cosmetic reasons.

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

7 minutes ago, -|ZeRO|- said:

I tried

it works

So the patch was only sewn on? No glue?

Post a picture in case future posters ask the same question.

| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Me three.

As those markers are a thing that stops me from buying a bag over 100 bucks.
I dont want to advertise the price of a bag, when so many nowadays just take your shit and walk away with it.

Hey @LinusTech how about a Stealth bag, no markings on outside? 😄

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Guys, his last comment before this thread was back in January 2019.

I don’t think he’s coming back.

4 minutes ago, saint_louis_bagels said:

Got proof?

Here's mine, not stating a year would mean its this year.

Screenshot_561.png

4 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Got proof?

Here's mine, not stating a year would mean its this year.

Screenshot_561.png

His last comment before this Thread we are in, so not the comments he posted here.

11 minutes ago, saint_louis_bagels said:

The worst type of "solved" not providing more info or pictures, for people who will be asking the same question in the future. big sad

1 hour ago, saint_louis_bagels said:

58 minutes ago, Razercake said:

His last comment before this Thread we are in, so not the comments he posted here.

Apologies i misunderstood. Again... Thats the third time today.
Ill just go back to hiding under the blanket. 😄

And yes, having a solution and not posting it on a forum, is well, very annoying.
At least post it somewhere. It could help so many. (Talking generally here, not about this thread alone).

Full disclosure, it's very rare that we would give you advice on how to modify our products. That said, Linus put me up to this one. 😛

Quick note on modifications: we're fine with it (and even think the results can be pretty cool) but just know that we will not allow any warranty services whatsoever on products that have been modified by the user. Mod at your own risk!

That said, it's pretty easy to remove the patch, but it will leave behind a faint outline where the seams used to be. Only tool that I used was a seam-ripper.

image.jpeg

All things considered, not bad! But it is noticeable.

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

30 minutes ago, Adam Pilolla said:

Full disclosure, it's very rare that we would give you advice on how to modify our products. That said, Linus put me up to this one. 😛

Quick note on modifications: we're fine with it (and even think the results can be pretty cool) but just know that we will not allow any warranty services whatsoever on products that have been modified by the user. Mod at your own risk!

That said, it's pretty easy to remove the patch, but it will leave behind a faint outline where the seams used to be. Only tool that I used was a seam-ripper.

Honestly thought it would be way more apparent, but it actually looks pretty clean. Thanks for showing us what it would look like, much appreciated. is it safe to assume the small version of the backpack will have the logo installed in the same way? I know the water bottle holder has been moved to the outside, so just wondering if the logo part has undergone any modifications.

1 hour ago, Razercake said:

Honestly thought it would be way more apparent, but it actually looks pretty clean. Thanks for showing us what it would look like, much appreciated. is it safe to assume the small version of the backpack will have the logo installed in the same way? I know the water bottle holder has been moved to the outside, so just wondering if the logo part has undergone any modifications.

Any product that is still in development is subject to change, but as of now I believe the plan would be to apply any similar patch in exactly the same fashion, yes.

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

3 hours ago, Adam Pilolla said:

My only regret is expending my clairvoyance on this instead of the lottery.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

On 5/2/2023 at 10:19 AM, Adam Pilolla said:

image.jpeg

That's a pretty lame policy. Do you guys resell the broken products or what? 

I can understand not offering warranty on products damaged by the user, but not all modifications are user induced damage. 

Delidded, custom IHS i7-8700k @ 5.2ghz

Founders Edition GTX970

3 hours ago, Hellreaver said:

I can understand not offering warranty on products damaged by the user, but not all modifications are user induced damage. 

its pretty standard policy, if you start cutting/messing with the material, you void the warranty. Warranty is to cover manufacturing defects not you breaking a product by modifying it, so I don't see a problem here. they are telling us how to do it & showing the result, but being pretty clear that it isn't supported. same reason Linus doesn't want to sell the zipper pull kit on the store, people will use it to replace the zippers multiple times, break them & try to get it covered under warranty.

If you want to keep ur warranty, don't start cutting the backpack.

6 hours ago, Hellreaver said:

I don't understand this take.  If I buy a composite baseball bat and try to tear down a concrete block wall with it, but try to return it under warranty I would be laughed at.  Using a product in a way that is not intended voids a warranty.  This is not LTT specific.

Perhaps a more apt example would be buying the composite bat, removing all the stickers and then trying to get a warranty replacement.  I would again be laughed at for trying to return a modified product.  

6 hours ago, Hellreaver said:

Do you manufacture a product that you sell to the public with a warranty that allows customers to modify the product and you will accept warranty claims without question?  If so, please post a link and we will see if you like people exploiting that.

"I didn't damage my car, I made a slight horsepower modification, so please fix the blown motor"
"I didn't damage my PC, I made a slight modification to the thermal limits, please fix the burnt GPU"
"I didn't damage my TShirt, I made a slight modification to the ventilation, please fix the hole"

Assuming all your customers are logical and reasonable people is not a good way to run a business.

1 hour ago, Harlem_Shaker said:
7 hours ago, Hellreaver said:

I don't understand this take.

I do understand this take, i will explain it to you guys:

The warranty should apply to modified products as well as long as the damage isn't a result of the modification or modification process.

@ToboRobot @Razercake @Harlem_Shaker

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 hour ago, Vishera said:

The warranty should apply to modified products as well as long as the damage isn't a result of the modification or modification process.

Sure, how do you create a fair policy that does that consistently?  Is that policy economically viable, or does it require too many staff or too much training to be done properly? 

How can you be sure the modification have no impact on the wear of the product?  How can you be sure the modification didn't cause any damage when being done?  The simplest way is not to warranty products that have been modified.