Installed New GPU, monitor shows windows login screen on startup and then turns pitch black

DankBulbasaur

Hi I recently upgraded my GPU however, on startup my monitor displays the windows login screen on startup and then immediately goes black. There are a few times where it will randomly work however it is very few. If I swap back to my old GPU this wont occur and I thought the GPU which i purchases was defective so I returned it and bought a new one, an ASUS 3050 card. Even after a replacement this is still happening with the new card. My PSU is an EVGA GT 650 which I assume is enough power for the gpu. Any help would be appreciated thank you. 

PC SPECS:

CPU: R5 2600

GPU: ASUS 3050

PSU: EVGA 650 GT GOLD RATED

RAM: 16GB (8X2) Corsair Vengance

MOBO: ASROCK B550M

the drivers are probably out of date. check the geforce experience app to see if you need to update the drivers

Sadly I forgot to mention I did uninstall my previous drivers with DDU and installed the new ones 

• 4 weeks later...

I wiped my drivers clean and with my first launch with the 3050 I installed the latest drivers and was able to restart and use my computer fine again for 3 hours. Now on launch I get this still again. It never did this with my 280 gpu and it was working just fine for a few hours with the 3050

have you tried a new certified quality display cable?

does windows + P do anything while the screen is black?