18650 advice

GOTSpectrum

Does anyone know about 18650s?

basically, I got a vape that has one 18650 in it and I want spares, the one in the mod atm is just a plain wrapper with dot matrix text of capacity and voltage.

The mad is an RPM5 pro, it pulls up to 80w. Any suggestions for buying cells that won't die, are a scams or will explode?

not sure if this is the right place so mod feel free to move it if it should be somewhere else

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

29 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Does anyone know about 18650s?

basically, I got a vape that has one 18650 in it and I want spares, the one in the mod atm is just a plain wrapper with dot matrix text of capacity and voltage.

The mad is an RPM5 pro, it pulls up to 80w. Any suggestions for buying cells that won't die, are a scams or will explode?

not sure if this is the right place so mod feel free to move it if it should be somewhere else

They'll all die eventually.

Although, I have like 4 18650s for my flashlight that I've used since like... ionno, probably around 4 years ago. So far none of them shows sign of death or about to explode. 2 of them is cheap kind, 2 of them is a bit more expensive kind.

But yeah, ionno if it's recharged as often as for vape.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

They'll all die eventually.

when I say die, I mean in a shitty way that could damage the device, I know it will die, this is exactly why I opted for a vape with a replaceable cell this time around. They are consumables 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

when I say die, I mean in a shitty way that could damage the device, I know it will die, this is exactly why I opted for a vape with a replaceable cell this time around. They are consumables 

Well, so far my flashlights are fine. And they are being abused a lot, like, dropped from 1-2 meters height, dipped into muddy flood water.

As for the battery itself, I dropped it sometimes, left in very shitty charger for more than 12 hours when I forgot I was charging it.

I'd say just buy a reputable brand one if you are scared, most probably better QC than a cheap no name one like the one I have.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Problem with cheap/no-name brands is that their spec sheet / print on the battery is usually just a bunch of lies (not just the capacity, but max current as well), some even lack proper protection circuitry.

7 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

it pulls up to 80w.

And it uses a single 18650? You need a good battery capable of delivering enough current:
image.png.ab2cb6cd708e2b87329534b577a607e5.png

^ Shamelessly stolen from reddit, cause I was lazy to look up batteries myself,
source: 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vaping101/comments/ksr6fn/comment/gihzh4g/

Or you can try your chances...

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

15 hours ago, Biohazard777 said:

Problem with cheap/no-name brands is that their spec sheet / print on the battery is usually just a bunch of lies (not just the capacity, but max current as well), some even lack proper protection circuitry.

And it uses a single 18650? You need a good battery capable of delivering enough current:
image.png.ab2cb6cd708e2b87329534b577a607e5.png

^ Shamelessly stolen from reddit, cause I was lazy to look up batteries myself,
source: 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vaping101/comments/ksr6fn/comment/gihzh4g/

Or you can try your chances...

Seems Molicel makes the most sense for me, they are a little expensive but would rather flash the cash than risk having a venting event near my face. 

I only vape at 40w usually, but would rather the battery is capable of what the device is in case of accidentally vaping on full power.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240