Daisy chaining two fan hubs

Building my new setup and I'm looking to use ten A-RGB fans (8 in front, 2 in back), plus three on my AIO.  I've run into a slight problem I'm not sure how to deal with.  Obviously, my mobo doesn't have that many fan or jrainbow headers, only having two jrainbow headers, one of which is taken up by my AIO.  However, since the fans I bought came in 6 packs, each pack has its own powered fan hub, each supporting 7 A-RGB fans and having a SATA connector for power.  From what I've researched, it sounds like I can connect one fan hub to the other and then thanks to their powered nature, I would have support for 13 A-RGB fans both header and power wise.  I'm just not sure and I don't want to damage anything.  If that is possible, would I be able to control all 10 fans individually and would I need to plug in both SATA connectors or just one?  Never touched RGB until this point so I know nothing about it quite works so hand holding may be required.

1 hour ago, GuyWhoGamedOnAn2011Laptop said:

and would I need to plug in both SATA connectors or just one? 

if you would be using the two controllers then you would need to plug in one for each

If that is possible, would I be able to control all 10 fans individually

sounds like you should be able to. Just check what rgb software your gonna use first

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Some actual model names would help. Presumably the motherboard is an MSI, but the model would help.

In general though, why do you want 13 fans and what case will house them?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 hours ago, brob said:

Some actual model names would help. Presumably the motherboard is an MSI, but the model would help.

In general though, why do you want 13 fans and what case will house them?

It's a MSI Mag X570S Tomahawk Max in a 1000D and the fans are from upHere and I believe are called "T7SYC7-6 SYNC RGB Case Fan", atleast according to their amazon page.  Sorry I did not prove that initially, I was very tired when I posted this and didn't think it'd be relevant.  I do know the case comes with a Commander Pro but it has no place for the jrainbow plugs needed for the RGB.  As for why I want 10 fans (the other 3 are just open slots on the hubs), because that's what I choose.  This build is meant to be going overboard, hence the use of a 1000D and the 10 fans.

I expect that you could use a 5V 3-pin A-RGB splitter to connect the two hubs to a motherboard header. But not knowing the load each box puts on the motherboard connection makes that risky.

11 hours ago, GuyWhoGamedOnAn2011Laptop said:

each supporting 7 A-RGB fans

Is this a typo? My reading of the spec is that each hub supports 6 fans.

9 minutes ago, brob said:

But not knowing the load each box puts on the motherboard connection makes that risky.

If by load you mean power draw, each hub has its own SATA connector for power.

10 minutes ago, brob said:

Is this a typo? My reading of the spec is that each hub supports 6 fans.

Though these hubs from a 6 fan pack, each box has 7 spots for fans, three on each "side" and one on the "top" with the "bottom" being where the SATA connector is.  There is also a non-removable cable that the manual says goes to the CPU fan header and some kind of reset cable that is removable.

30 minutes ago, GuyWhoGamedOnAn2011Laptop said:

If by load you mean power draw, each hub has its own SATA connector for power.

Though these hubs from a 6 fan pack, each box has 7 spots for fans, three on each "side" and one on the "top" with the "bottom" being where the SATA connector is.  There is also a non-removable cable that the manual says goes to the CPU fan header and some kind of reset cable that is removable.

Each hub still has some sort of load on the motherboard connections.

I haven't found any useful documentation.

22 minutes ago, brob said:

Each hub still has some sort of load on the motherboard connections.

I haven't found any useful documentation.

I see.  That's what I get for buying cheap Chinese fans.  So it's basically, "Do it at your own risk" then?  

I see.  That's what I get for buying cheap Chinese fans.  So it's basically, "Do it at your own risk" then?  

I think so.

51 minutes ago, brob said:

I think so.

Well I have good news I think.  Finished building, turned her on, and everything lit up like I would expect it to.  Posted as well.  I used five fans per hub for my chaotic yet somehow orderly mind (2 hubs, 10 fans, 5 fans a hub) and each hub's fans even show their own color group (hub 1's five fans are all blue, hub 2's are all green).  I think that bodes well.  If I do end up blowing the jrainbow header, I'll either get it fixed or buy a new board if nessacary (old one will be kept for future build that doesn't have RGB if the rest of the board is still good.)

Now to see if I can control each fan separately and properly but that's an adventure for myself (hopefully I won't need to ask questions and it'll all just work ha).  Thanks for your help.  I'll definitely not go for cheap fans in the future.  Though in my opinion, some of the prices I'm seeing for fans from well known makers is crazy.  73 dollars for three Corsair SP120s would mean I'd be spending more on fans than I did for my monitor lol

EDIT:  Also, I did a quick search and I think what may have saved my mobo is that the hubs said to plug them into the CPU fan header, not SYS fan, so I did and MSI says the CPU fan header can handle 2A of current, not just 1.  Might've saved me lol