It is worth buying an old Xeon to replace my R5 3600?

Hello everyone, I was seeing some old Xeon processors that of course are always at a good price. The problem I have is that I cannot find in the stores of my country motherboards for those processors, but in the Chinese store Aliexpress yes.
The question is, some xeon of the link of the store that will give much more than my current R5 3600? I think so, but I wait for your comments to decide what I do.
Thank you very much in advance.
All the best.

https://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/computacion/componentes-pc/procesadores/intel-xeon_PriceRange_0-25000_NoIndex_True#filter

Xeons with no E3 or E5 prefix are either Core 2 or Nehalem parts. Xeon v0s are Sandy Bridge, v2s are Ivy Bridge, v3s are Haswell, and v4s are Broadwell.

I don't see a single Xeon processor on that site that will be better suited to gaming than your Ryzen 5 3600. The vast majority of them are over a decade old.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

awful. you already have an am4 mobo so just buy a 5700x or something if you wanna upgrade. or even a 5800x3D. Could think about a 5600 but that’s the smallest upgrade I would recommend.

25 minutes ago, Silencix said:

Hello everyone, I was seeing some old Xeon processors that of course are always at a good price. The problem I have is that I cannot find in the stores of my country motherboards for those processors, but in the Chinese store Aliexpress yes.
The question is, some xeon of the link of the store that will give much more than my current R5 3600? I think so, but I wait for your comments to decide what I do.
Thank you very much in advance.
All the best.

https://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/computacion/componentes-pc/procesadores/intel-xeon_PriceRange_0-25000_NoIndex_True#filter

whats it for gaming or productivity?

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced

2 minutes ago, Bob__ said:

whats it for gaming or productivity?

More for productivity than gaming as I bought multiple games but play them very little.

Just now, Silencix said:

More for productivity than gaming as I bought multiple games but play them very little.

alr what type?

because if you are using all of the cores in whatever you are doing and you get 2 of these chips then you are going to blow the ryzen out of the water 

image.thumb.png.e7f17701c0babd70bb9773bcfd84fd3f.png

6 minutes ago, Bob__ said:

because if you are using all of the cores in whatever you are doing and you get 2 of these chips then you are going to blow the ryzen out of the water 

No it won't. If you actually look at that score The Ryzen performs 26.6% higher in single threaded tasks which is what actually matters. The higher overall score is pretty much due to the high thread count, which most applications won't be able to take advantage of. So you would still be left a worse overall experience compared to a Ryzen 3600.

3 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

No it won't. If you actually look at that score The Ryzen performs 26.6% higher in single threaded tasks which is what actually matters. The higher overall score is pretty much due to the high thread count, which most applications won't be able to take advantage of. So you would still be left a worse overall experience compared to a Ryzen 3600.

that why it says if you use all the cores and also there are 2 of them

The only viable xeons are the e5 2670 v3, 2683 v3, and 2690 v3 cause theyre at half decent prices, put em in a dual socket board and turbo unlock for max turbo multi on all cores and you got a 24/28 core machine thats great for multithread and can take advantage of dirt cheap used ecc ddr4 for massive ram capacities on the cheap

The others are just a stupid buy that are wayyy overpriced, 300$+ for a 22 core may aswell buy a used 3950x or 5950x, and for the unlocked cpus 3600 and 5500 crushes them both price and value. X79 is just irrelevant with x99 and ddr4 pricing atm not to mention x99 can turbo unlock with the stock buggy microcode (delete 6f2 microcode via amibcp iirc, theres some yt tutorials on it)

1 hour ago, Bob__ said:

it is not better than the 3600 based system for anything but strong multicore productivity and it’s also not worth anywhere near $450. this is so cringe and you should learn how computers work

29 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

The only viable xeons are the e5 2670 v3, 2683 v3, and 2690 v3 cause theyre at half decent prices, put em in a dual socket board and turbo unlock for max turbo multi on all cores and you got a 24/28 core machine thats great for multithread and can take advantage of dirt cheap used ecc ddr4 for massive ram capacities on the cheap

The others are just a stupid buy that are wayyy overpriced, 300$+ for a 22 core may aswell buy a used 3950x or 5950x, and for the unlocked cpus 3600 and 5500 crushes them both price and value. X79 is just irrelevant with x99 and ddr4 pricing atm not to mention x99 can turbo unlock with the stock buggy microcode (delete 6f2 microcode via amibcp iirc, theres some yt tutorials on it)

im suggesting the 2699 v3 and 32 gb of ram for like 500 but that ram number can go up to like 512 gb

Just now, NF-A12x25 said:

it is not better than the 3600 based system for anything but strong multicore productivity

thats what the OP does

3 minutes ago, Bob__ said:

thats what the OP does

not necessarily, and it’s still not worth it. Not all productivity cares 100% about having a ton of cores, maybe you need like 4-8 cores and strong single core. stop recommending stuff to people when you know nothing about it yourself

not necessarily, and it’s still not worth it. Not all productivity cares 100% about having a ton of cores, maybe you need like 4-8 cores and strong single core. stop recommending stuff to people when you know nothing about it yourself

I know enough and also I asked the OP and he hasent said shit so OP does the programs you used use all the cores or is it single threaded

it’s not a dichotomy dude most programs have a point where throwing “moar cores” at the program becomes pointless

you don’t “know enough” to recommend stuff yet- you’re still recommending dell crap

it’s not a dichotomy dude most programs have a point where throwing “moar cores” at the program becomes pointless

let the guy answer and also if programs dont use all the cores then why are there CPU's with so many cores?

24 minutes ago, Bob__ said:

im suggesting the 2699 v3 and 32 gb of ram for like 500 but that ram number can go up to like 512 gb

Thats a horrible value, a used 3950x and a used midrange b3/450 will whoop that old xeon

Also dual 2670 and 2683 have more cores than a single 2699

16 minutes ago, Bob__ said:

also if programs dont use all the cores then why are there CPU's with so many cores?

because servers and workstations *can* need that many cores, but those workstations are edge cases and the servers are mostly enterprise

52 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Thats a horrible value, a used 3950x and a used midrange b3/450 will whoop that old xeon

Also dual 2670 and 2683 have more cores than a single 2699

dual 2699 v3's for 500

8 minutes ago, Silencix said:

Those will all still perform much worse than what you have.

Is there any reason you are wanting to to change your current config?

What is it you plan to do with your system as productivity doesn't really mean anything.

Depends on what you want to do. 

For gaming is a big NO. 

For productivity, it's still a small no, given the power consumption.

For budget buyers like me, who don't game a lot, and don't want to spend much, and really like to count

boxes in task manager, and really like to count memory in terabytes, ... yes

What do you want to do to your current MB and CPU and RAM? They don't worth much if you sell them, but they still works.

If you want to use any of those old Xeon, you need to spend on new set of MB+CPU+RAM. Maybe also PSU, if the workstation MB uses proprietary connectors. All added together, likely costs slightly less than a 3600 sold, but really, why? Are you bankrupting? Why go downward?