Need a second set of eyes, and some honest criticism

Budget (including currency): Approx 1500 Euros (but that would ideally include the Monitor, and possibly Keyboard and Mouse)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Primarily used for Gaming (LOL, Valorant, Hogwarts Legacy, Binding of Isaac, GTA), Watching Movies. The build is for my gf, she was debating getting a new laptop but would only use it for games so I convinced her to consider a Desktop, her conditions were... Small Form Factor and a Pink and White aesthetic and a cute mechanical keyboard.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have come up with two builds (the only differences being the CPU and Motherboards) and inserted them below. My big point of concern is if anyone might know a better monitor for a low price, also what CPU/motherboard combo yall might recommend cause I honestly am not so sure I made a good choice with my selections. if this were for me I think id have just pulled the trigger and gone with my gut but its for someone else who will not be able to change parts out or diagnose problems if she encounters them so I really want to make sure that she'll have everything she needs and gets the most bang for her buck.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/B829Vw (Amd Build)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€187.90 @ Alza)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Assassin King SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  (€42.74 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  (€200.08 @ Galaxus)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  (€63.89 @ Alternate)
Storage: Kingston NV2 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€89.90 @ Alza)
Video Card: PowerColor Hellhound Spectral White Radeon RX 6650 XT 8 GB Video Card  (€318.19 @ Computeruniverse)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200P Mini ITX Desktop Case  (€106.07 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Lian Li SP 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  (€137.89 @ Caseking)
Case Fan: Thermalright TL-C12C-S 66.17 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  (€28.11 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case Fan: Thermalright TL-C12C-S 66.17 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  (€28.11 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Monitor: iiyama G-MASTER RED EAGLE 24.0" 1920 x 1080 144 Hz Monitor  (€169.00)
Custom: Reaper Cable Sleeved PSU Extension Set - Power Supply Extensions - 1x 24 Pin/ 2x 8 Pin/ 2x 6 Pin/ 1x 4+4 Pin - With Combs - 30cm (White & Pink)  (€40.00)
Total: €1411.88

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/KMmqGL (Intel Build)

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€163.63 @ Amazon Deutschland)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Assassin King SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  (€42.74 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: ASRock B760M-ITX/D4 WiFi Mini ITX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€154.79 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  (€63.89 @ Alternate)
Storage: Kingston NV2 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€89.90 @ Alza)
Video Card: PowerColor Hellhound Spectral White Radeon RX 6650 XT 8 GB Video Card  (€318.19 @ Computeruniverse)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200P Mini ITX Desktop Case  (€106.07 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Monitor: iiyama G-MASTER RED EAGLE 24.0" 1920 x 1080 144 Hz Monitor  (€169.00)
Custom: Reaper Cable Sleeved PSU Extension Set - Power Supply Extensions - 1x 24 Pin/ 2x 8 Pin/ 2x 6 Pin/ 1x 4+4 Pin - With Combs - 30cm (White & Pink)  (€39.99)
Custom: SP750 SFX Power Supply - 750 watts, white  (€138.00)
Total: €1342.42

At that low of a budget i wouldnt pay for the ITX tax unless if you needed it for the desk space. Whats the biggest possible area on her desk where you can put the PC on?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

8 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

At that low of a budget i wouldnt pay for the ITX tax unless if you needed it for the desk space. Whats the biggest possible area on her desk where you can put the PC on?

Yeah the ITX tax is definitely rough, but we are both perpetually moving for work, and neither of us has a car (student life y'know 😛). So between the fact that she fell in love with the tiny pink case and she wants to be able to take it around with her more easily the tax isn't much of an issue. Same reason that paying extra for pink cables and white parts isn't a problem. Now my mission is to help her get the best build for her I can possibly put together.

I hope that helped explain the ITX choice.

34 minutes ago, Skillieboi said:

she fell in love with the tiny pink case

If you havent realized it the NR200P in particular has practically no window to look through it and itll be worse with fans on the side which youll need. So id give up on the color for the inner gut to get better parts.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13400F 2.5 GHz 10-Core Processor  (€210.25 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Assassin X Refined SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  (€34.47 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: ASRock B660M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€152.46 @ Galaxus) 
Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€39.90 @ Alza) 
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP33 PRO 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€101.79 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card  (€392.74 @ notebooksbilliger.de) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200P Mini ITX Desktop Case  (€106.07 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Lian Li SP 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  (€137.89 @ Caseking) 
Case Fan: Thermaltake Riing Plus TT 63.19 CFM 140 mm Fans 5-Pack  (€108.68 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Monitor: LG 24GQ50F-B 23.8" 1920 x 1080 165 Hz Monitor  (€168.95 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €1453.20
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-04-19 06:04 CEST+0200

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

12 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

If you havent realized it the NR200P in particular has practically no window to look through it and itll be worse with fans on the side which youll need. So id give up on the color for the inner gut to get better parts.

I'm not sure that you're right on that call, the whole side panel is a glass window... especially if you horizontally mound the graphics card you can see the whole mb, the ram the cpu cooler, the psu in the top right corner, and yeah the fans below and above.

Spoiler

https://cdn.coolermaster.com/media/assets/1115/nr200p_01_intro-imageleftorright.jpg

Spoiler

https://preview.redd.it/sqxm9tsp8md61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=a1bf57f3a47d01dc8df4b2f613ebdf97701ec007

12 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13400F 2.5 GHz 10-Core Processor  (€210.25 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Assassin X Refined SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  (€34.47 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: ASRock B660M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€152.46 @ Galaxus) 
Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€39.90 @ Alza) 
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP33 PRO 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€101.79 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card  (€392.74 @ notebooksbilliger.de) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200P Mini ITX Desktop Case  (€106.07 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Lian Li SP 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  (€137.89 @ Caseking) 
Case Fan: Thermaltake Riing Plus TT 63.19 CFM 140 mm Fans 5-Pack  (€108.68 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Monitor: LG 24GQ50F-B 23.8" 1920 x 1080 165 Hz Monitor  (€168.95 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €1453.20
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-04-19 06:04 CEST+0200

But thank you for the recommendation, the monitor in particular looks interesting, and ill take another look at possibly saving some money on the particular ram. Also I'll be taking another look at my SSD choice, your recommendation does seem more reliable.

Just now, Skillieboi said:

I'm not sure that you're right on that call, the whole side panel is a glass window...

Its an option. You give up on the 2 side panel fan mounts for the side panel. Most of the stellar performance of the cases uses those side mount as an intake and with it being straight fed to the components help that a lot.

If you want something with side panel window and also decent temperature performance in ITX, check out SunnySideUpDesign (ssupd) Meshlicious and Lian Li Q58. But yeah, i wouldnt run it tempered unless if youre fine with having to do thermal management on it via fan curve tweaking.

16 hours ago, Skillieboi said:

Budget (including currency): Approx 1500 Euros (but that would ideally include the Monitor, and possibly Keyboard and Mouse)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Primarily used for Gaming (LOL, Valorant, Hogwarts Legacy, Binding of Isaac, GTA), Watching Movies. The build is for my gf, she was debating getting a new laptop but would only use it for games so I convinced her to consider a Desktop, her conditions were... Small Form Factor and a Pink and White aesthetic and a cute mechanical keyboard.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have come up with two builds (the only differences being the CPU and Motherboards) and inserted them below. My big point of concern is if anyone might know a better monitor for a low price, also what CPU/motherboard combo yall might recommend cause I honestly am not so sure I made a good choice with my selections. if this were for me I think id have just pulled the trigger and gone with my gut but its for someone else who will not be able to change parts out or diagnose problems if she encounters them so I really want to make sure that she'll have everything she needs and gets the most bang for her buck.

You can fit current gen components in this budget OP. Not sure why you're going for last gen CPU's and weak GPU's

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€239.90 @ ARLT)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  (€210.90 @ Alza)
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL30 Memory  (€137.76 @ Galaxus)
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€65.45 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Palit Dual OC GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  (€636.99 @ notebooksbilliger.de)
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case  (€85.57 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: NZXT C850 (2022) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€118.88 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €1495.45
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-04-19 19:00 CEST+0200

I would do something like this then dumpster dive for a monitor from like FB marketplace or your countries equivalent. Can get decent 144hz ones for like $50 sometimes.

Give up small form factor. Spray paint the case pink. Boom. There ya go.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

15 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Its an option. You give up on the 2 side panel fan mounts for the side panel. Most of the stellar performance of the cases uses those side mount as an intake and with it being straight fed to the components help that a lot.

If you want something with side panel window and also decent temperature performance in ITX, check out SunnySideUpDesign (ssupd) Meshlicious and Lian Li Q58. But yeah, i wouldnt run it tempered unless if youre fine with having to do thermal management on it via fan curve tweaking.

Yeah but given that the pc would be running a 6650xt or something at least close to it in performance (6700xt max) and a low/mid ranged CPU (whether its 13400, 12400 or 5700x) all without any overclocking, because shes not PC literate enough to want to deal with that (her words not mine). Would it be running hot enough that you would need more than the top and bottom fans (along with the cpu fan) and one in the back supposing theres space between the cpu cooler and the back of the case.

6 minutes ago, ShawtyT30beTHICCC said:

You can fit current gen components in this budget OP. Not sure why you're going for last gen CPU's and weak GPU's

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€239.90 @ ARLT)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  (€210.90 @ Alza)
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL30 Memory  (€137.76 @ Galaxus)
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€65.45 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Palit Dual OC GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  (€636.99 @ notebooksbilliger.de)
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case  (€85.57 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: NZXT C850 (2022) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€118.88 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €1495.45
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-04-19 19:00 CEST+0200

I would do something like this then dumpster dive for a monitor from like FB marketplace or your countries equivalent. Can get decent 144hz ones for like $50 sometimes.

Give up small form factor. Spray paint the case pink. Boom. There ya go.

Thanks for the tips, but really the goal of the build for her isnt to have the most powerful computer she can get for the money. The small form factor is a core part of the build, same with the case. I know theres the ITX tax and it wont be as much bang for her buck, trust me I have a nice large tower myself where I min maxed like crazy to get myself the best pieces but thats not what she wants and its her money so Im just trying to fulfill her request while getting her the most for her money.

10 minutes ago, Skillieboi said:

Would it be running hot enough that you would need more than the top and bottom fans (along with the cpu fan) and one in the back supposing theres space between the cpu cooler and the back of the case

Not really its just that it went from one of the best ITX in terms of temperature to on par with the rest of it. Basically temper your expectation out of the numbers.

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Not really its just that it went from one of the best ITX in terms of temperature to on par with the rest of it. Basically temper your expectation out of the numbers.

hmm, fair. Ill have to check in with her and double check what shes hoping to get out of her rig. Thank you very much for all your help and feedback 🙂