Windows Phone 8.1

AMD Lover

Okay @LinusTech you really need to review a windows 8.1 phone. All the stuff you were talking about Siri is also on Cortana. You can word it how you want and it still understands. I heard you say Nokia was trying to send you a phone, if you do get one please update to 8.1 and do a review over Cortana as well.

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

he already has done windows phone 8 not 8.1 and he didnt like it because it didnt have enough apps also he didnt take the phone from nokia because it was only a short loaner phone which he likes to use the phone as a daily driver to give a review of how it is in the real world.

Imo Nokia hasthe best implementation of WP8 than any other brands out there. Also,that video is from early last year,when WP8 is still in its infancy. I agree he really needs to get a hold of the new WP8.1 from something like Lumia Icon or 1520. I can already guess he will not like them as his daily driver coz he's a power user and android fits everything he needs. But it's good to at least have his feedback on the improvements being made for the WP platform. Maybe he should wait until the final release of WP8.1 before doing any review.

Edit: Also I think Cortana is only for US right now. Idk if he can use it in Canada.

Imo Nokia hasthe best implementation of WP8 than any other brands out there. Also,that video is from early last year,when WP8 is still in its infancy. I agree he really needs to get a hold of the new WP8.1 from something like Lumia Icon or 1520. I can already guess he will not like them as his daily driver coz he's a power user and android fits everything he needs. But it's good to at least have his feedback on the improvements being made for the WP platform. Maybe he should wait until the final release of WP8.1 before doing any review.

Edit: Also I think Cortana is only for US right now. Idk if he can use it in Canada.

he has multiple videos with a nokia aswell.

Edit: forget i said that he hasnt. I honestly want windows phone to succeed more than i want ubuntu phone to i wish they teamed up with intel for them to make a low power but still very capable chip to work with windows phone and like ubuntu phone does u plug a display cable into a monitor and it turns into the full windows 8 os then all u need is a little mouse and a roll up keyboard and bam u have an extremely portable little pc to surf the web and watch video maybe do some light word processing on.

that is my dream.

People really don't use voice command apps, they are such a gimmick. The never used google now/s voice in 2 years on a GS3, and I've used Siri a couple of times but only to set alarms when I'm playing a game.

he has multiple videos with a nokia aswell.

There isn't a single video with nokia, he only used the htc. The 8X and then the 8S.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

There isn't a single video with nokia, he only used the htc. The 8X and then the 8S.

you are correct those videos came out quite awhile ago so i assumed the yellow square design was a nokia phone but it is actually a htc but god that look extremely similar.

• 1 month later...

Well, the HTC 8S wasn't maybe the best phone to use when switching to WP (especially since Linus mainly tests high-end phones and the 8S just didn't sport competing specs). WP8.1 is supposed to add some missing features (like the notification center).

But keep in mind that asking for reviews means that Linus has to get a review sample that he can use for a longer period of time (that's why he refused to make a video about the Galaxy S5 because Samsung said he has to give it back on a certain date). And with Nokia now belonging to MS.....he once said that he doesn't have connections to MS and can't get review samples from them (hence the private purchase of the Surface 3 Pro).

Altough it would be nice to see what he thinks about WP8.1. Eagerly waiting for the official rollout myself.