RedMagic custom service.

BotDamian

Hello there,

so I need spill my heart out here, because either RedMagic's Support is <brain_dead> or I am.

I was looking for a new gaming phone as weirdly my Rog Phone 5 died a short time after my warranty expired.

If you go for example on the Asus Rog Phone 6 website, they have everything listed there, even RAM type, and I wanted to compare it to the RedMagic 8 Pro.

I asked nicely if RedMagic could provide me full specs of the RedMagic 8 Pro.

Here is my email I wrote, very simple, straight to the point.

Hello there,
where can I see the full specs of the Redmagic 8 pro?
I want to compare it to another phone.

Cheers
Damian

They could send me a link, give me the specs or whatever. But you know what they decided to ask me?

1. Your current location

2. Device shipping country during purchase

How can I provide them a shipping country without buying their product? English isn't my first or second language, so my small brain could be wrong here, did I phrase my question correctly and did I understand than when I asked for RedMagic 8 Pro specs they asked me for my location?

After saying that my location has no relevance, and saying that asking such questions isn't a good sign of a good customer service.

They gave me finally a link and excused themselves because it's a company policy, sounds more like Apple policy.

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

25 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

Hello there,

so I need spill my heart out here, because either RedMagic's Support is <brain_dead> or I am.

I was looking for a new gaming phone as weirdly my Rog Phone 5 died a short time after my warranty expired.

If you go for example on the Asus Rog Phone 6 website, they have everything listed there, even RAM type, and I wanted to compare it to the RedMagic 8 Pro.

I asked nicely if RedMagic could provide me full specs of the RedMagic 8 Pro.

Here is my email I wrote, very simple, straight to the point.

They could send me a link, give me the specs or whatever. But you know what they decided to ask me?

1. Your current location

2. Device shipping country during purchase

How can I provide them a shipping country without buying their product? English isn't my first or second language, so my small brain could be wrong here, did I phrase my question correctly and did I understand than when I asked for RedMagic 8 Pro specs they asked me for my location?

After saying that my location has no relevance, and saying that asking such questions isn't a good sign of a good customer service.

They gave me finally a link and excused themselves because it's a company policy, sounds more like Apple policy.

https://www.gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_red_magic_8_pro-12015.php

You got a chatbot basically. Quite normal. Once you answer the questions a human will probably as the same thing again and then possibly help you.

On 4/18/2023 at 1:26 AM, jaslion said:

https://www.gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_red_magic_8_pro-12015.php

You got a chatbot basically. Quite normal. Once you answer the questions a human will probably as the same thing again and then possibly help you.

So when I ask a question, a chatbot replies saying basically I won't get any help until I share my data? I would understand if they asked for a serial number or something but location?

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

just say your country as location if you are comfortable with that

they may have different support for different regions and even different phone specs. 

On 4/17/2023 at 7:00 PM, BotDamian said:

While I do agree they probably could have answered the question... It likely actually does stem from the fact that many manufacturers have different models depending on region. Sometimes it's just minor differences in radio frequencies. Sometimes it's actually larger differences, such as hardware differences, such as CPU differences (Samsung), things like OnePlus changing RAM types mid stream in manufacturing.

The phone in my hand for example, is available in 4 different models IIRC correctly, depending on region. Two different RAM types, and I'm not counting the RAM or storage options.