Crossfire R9 290

Hi people,

I currently have the R9 290 Gigabyte (Windforce Ed) and i am thinking of getting another and i have two questions.

1. I currently have Corsair CX750m is it enough or shall i get 850, I guess it isnt as the card runs upto 300 watts and my CPU a max of 150 watts. So if i get another card I will be bang on 750 watts with no over head, if i am right.

2. Even though its the same GPU i am looking at, but just in case i have to buy a different brand. They both have to be clocked at the same speeds and voltages right?

Cheers

• Laptop: MSI GF65 + 16GB + 1.2TB + 2060 GTX + i7 9750H Display: 24" LG Ultra Gear 144hz Keyboard: Logitech G213 Mouse: Corsair Harpoon Sound Card: Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2 Speakers: Behringer CR4-X Other: Gaomon Graphics Tablet COOLING: Thermaltake Massive S14 Laptop Cooler

1. it's possible but on the tight side, i wouldn't overclock them

2. this is reccomended , even if you clock one card much higher than the other one the slowest clock speeds ''count'' as for the voltages, this doesn't really matter.

Interested in Business and Technology

You thinking about OCing? I would go with the ax860 just to be safe :D

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

No It will run just fine on the 750 watts one. 

Also no the faster card will just down clock itself to match the slower card. 

Cheers and no I don't plan to overclock, so I can use that psu. Saving me a small fortune :)

• Laptop: MSI GF65 + 16GB + 1.2TB + 2060 GTX + i7 9750H Display: 24" LG Ultra Gear 144hz Keyboard: Logitech G213 Mouse: Corsair Harpoon Sound Card: Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2 Speakers: Behringer CR4-X Other: Gaomon Graphics Tablet COOLING: Thermaltake Massive S14 Laptop Cooler

750W is enough, but the Corsair CX lineup uses cheap capacitors and I wouldn't recommend it in an SLI build with 2 high-end AMD GPU's.

Here's something at atleast 750W and is something I would recommend very highly:

Total: $99.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-10 11:21 EDT-0400)

It's semi-modular, by Seasonic and is 80+ Gold with 750W.
You can use your CX750M if you like, but personally, I wouldn't even touch it with a single R9 290 let alone two of them.