Gpu problems

Go to solution Solved by Seb_1,

also @djsy100mark @DrDrayas the answer so this thread can be closed.

Hi guys

My computer when stood doing nothing, the screen keeps flickering, I've tried a clean install of nvidia drivers using ddu but the problem still persists.

I'm using a rtx 3070ti.

When running Valley benchmark Mark 

I get 75c on the clock and 81c on memory

And 88.4c on hot spot.

Is the memory failing on the gpu?

I also purchased it 2nd hand, the person who sold it to me only had a month then upgraded it. He gave me the proof of purchase, (and was the main reason why i purchased it of ebay in the first place) the gpu is only a just over a year old, would I be able to claim on the warranty of the card? 

Have you tried a different port and/or cable? 

To me that sounds more on the side of dodgy connection to the screen

If you have the option to get a high refresh rate monitor, do it.

Main PC CPU: i7 9700k CPU Cooler: NZXT x62 280mm Motherboard: MSI Z390 Carbon Gaming Pro AC GPU: EVGA GTX 3070 FTW3 RAM: Corsair 4x8gb 3200mhz SSD: 980 Pro 1TB, 2x 500gb Sata Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red PSU: EVGA Supernova G.2 750w 80+ Gold

Thank you for the response Dr dray, it's the one thing I haven't checked, was so focused on thinking it was the gpu failing, didn't think about the cable. Just tried a different cable and that seems to have fixed the problem 

2 hours ago, DrDray said:

Have you tried a different port and/or cable? 

To me that sounds more on the side of dodgy connection to the screen

Also I've got a msi b660 mortar paired with a i5 12400f if I swapped that out for a k series would I be able to overclock it, as there is options to do so in the bios and the motherboard has 2 8pin eps connections. Strange thing to have if you can't overclock like the Internet says you can't 

21 hours ago, djsy100 said:

Also I've got a msi b660 mortar paired with a i5 12400f if I swapped that out for a k series would I be able to overclock it, as there is options to do so in the bios and the motherboard has 2 8pin eps connections. Strange thing to have if you can't overclock like the Internet says you can't 

Unfortunately, officially the B660 chipset doesn't support overclocking.

You'd need to get a Z series motherboard and a K series CPU to overclock

If you have the option to get a high refresh rate monitor, do it.

Main PC CPU: i7 9700k CPU Cooler: NZXT x62 280mm Motherboard: MSI Z390 Carbon Gaming Pro AC GPU: EVGA GTX 3070 FTW3 RAM: Corsair 4x8gb 3200mhz SSD: 980 Pro 1TB, 2x 500gb Sata Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red PSU: EVGA Supernova G.2 750w 80+ Gold