Borderlands splitscreen not saving data.

DannyBoii
Go to solution Solved by deadlou666,

Is this a 360 game on the one? If so I've always had problems with playing games like that so cud be the cause 

2 friends of mine are trying to play OG Borderlands on my xbox one. We don't have xbox live, and every time they play my one friend who didn't log in using an email gets his character erased for what ever reason. Not sure why this is. How do we get his character to stay?

It saves the data to the account so if they aren't logged in there's nowhere to save. Only solution is to make an account on ur xbox with their email

3 minutes ago, deadlou666 said:

It saves the data to the account so if they aren't logged in there's nowhere to save. Only solution is to make an account on ur xbox with their email

I didn't see a way for them both to log in though, can they both log in to get a saved character?

Do they all have accounts on your xbox? Bc they can then with each sperate remote can log into theirs and then play

15 minutes ago, deadlou666 said:

Do they all have accounts on your xbox? Bc they can then with each sperate remote can log into theirs and then play

Yeah but one of them doesn't have a live account ( if that matters). How do they log in, from the xbox or in the game?

Just now, DannyBoii said:

Yeah but one of them doesn't have a live account ( if that matters). How do they log in, from the xbox or in the game?

Re read what you said, I'll see what I can do, but, I think I undestand.

2 minutes ago, deadlou666 said:

Sorry for not being to clear! 😅😅

No worries, complicated issues, etc. xD

Only one controller works at a time. it says "You are not signed in" but it doesn't offer a way to log 2 accounts in. Even if I swap xbox logins.

4 minutes ago, deadlou666 said:

Hmmm could it be a connection to xbox server issue? 

I don't think so, it lets him choose to splitscreen play, and he can make a char but it is a temporary one. It says he's not logged in while chosing a char; and that it needs a HDD (Which I have). there's no button that says "Log in account" in the character selection. it's like a master sign in was made when the first account was logged into.

There's a reddit post with the same issue. No such luck with a solution though.

Is this a 360 game on the one? If so I've always had problems with playing games like that so cud be the cause 

Just now, deadlou666 said:

Yeah it is. I found this post and I think it helped. it says to use the "start and select" buttons in the xbox one controller to open the 360 emulator and log in from there. I looked around a bit and it seems they have two characters logged in now. *shrug* Thanks for your help, either way!