Asus TUF 3060 ti GDDR6X vram cooling

Jajo
Go to solution Solved by Jajo,
5 hours ago, Jajo said:

Nvidia recently releaser a version with gddr6x. From what ive seen asus changed the TUF heatsink from the normal 3060 ti to a higher end model (3080 i think). It has a different backplate and more heat pipes i think. However a guy from poland has took it apart and the vram cooling only covered around 60% of the modules which caused them to overheat. I dont know how the temps look like on mine though, ill have to check it. @Levent

nevermind, mine doesnt seem to go up more than 75 degrees. The guy might have had a faulty model, but im not gonna open it up and risk my warranty because of that. Topic closed

Hey

ive seen some people complaining about TUF 3060 ti vram cooling which only covers about 60% of the memory modules. Ive got it recently and my questions are:

-what are the acceptable temps of the memory modules

-will high temps damage them

-is this a big deal

I dont know what to do with it because it seems to run really cool.

Any high temps will damage anything, but as long as there is adequate air flow going to the GPU, it should be fine. Also, if that happens, normally the GPU will throttle itself in performance to save it from climbing any higher in temp. 

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

3060ti has GDDR6 not GDDR6X. Temperatures are not a problem (this doesnt mean they wont die if you overheat them though, at stock operation this wont be a problem)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

generally the only issue with the 30 series was inadequate airflow which meant that often the memory hotspot was approaching its max limits.

To often people use a case that looks cool but cooks their hardware. 

TUF series also gathered a lot of praise from many reviews about the quality of their cooling.

2 hours ago, Levent said:

3060ti has GDDR6 not GDDR6X. Temperatures are not a problem (this doesnt mean they wont die if you overheat them though, at stock operation this wont be a problem)

Nvidia recently releaser a version with gddr6x. From what ive seen asus changed the TUF heatsink from the normal 3060 ti to a higher end model (3080 i think). It has a different backplate and more heat pipes i think. However a guy from poland has took it apart and the vram cooling only covered around 60% of the modules which caused them to overheat. I dont know how the temps look like on mine though, ill have to check it. @Levent

5 hours ago, Jajo said:

nevermind, mine doesnt seem to go up more than 75 degrees. The guy might have had a faulty model, but im not gonna open it up and risk my warranty because of that. Topic closed