[RTX4090 Gaming OC - EKWB Quantum Vector2] High Delta-T between GPU and Loop Temp

2x GTR 420mm HW Labs Rads, 2x D5 Pumps in series.

GPU is overclocked to 3000Mhz on the core, and +1000Mhz on the memory.  Power draw can push upwards of 520w, but usually bounces between 450w and 500w.  While playing World of Tanks, Ultra settings @ 5120x1440, I am seeing core temperatures of ~54c and a loop temperature of ~30c.  Memory Junction temp is ~46c, GPU hotspot ~64c.

Something I noticed when installing the EKWB was that it had a much worse design than my old water-block from OptimusPC(3080Ti).  By comparison the mounting pressure seemed piss fucking poor, and if my Delta-T is higher than it should be, could that be the culprit?  If it is the culprit, how do I go about fixing it?  It's not like I can increase the mounting pressure, it's poor performance in that regard is built into the design.

those numbers are all normal. the water never gets to what ever temp the heat components are at. heat only moves between the two BECAUSE there's a delta. bigger delta means better cooling too.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

6 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

those numbers are all normal. the water never gets to what ever temp the heat components are at. heat only moves between the two BECAUSE there's a delta. bigger delta means better cooling too.

I've read elsewhere that a Delta-T of more than 15c is too high, but I wasn't sure if this was still considered accurate considering system wattage has increased substantially in the past decade.

2 minutes ago, Wireless G-Spot said:

I've read elsewhere that a Delta-T of more than 15c is too high, but I wasn't sure if this was still considered accurate considering system wattage has increased substantially in the past decade.

that's an insane statement... if you increase the delta in any way you're cooling your parts better. it would never have been true that's not how physics work.

it would make more sense in reverse. at least 15C delta. because if the delta is too small you're going to have problems either with the fluid or with the hardware having to throttle... but it doesn't make sense to give that kind of number.

things you should care about:

- hot components stay within their temp limits and don't throttle themselves so you get full performance

- your fluid won't last very long if it gets close to around 60C (water evaporates much faster, additives start separating...)

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

That delta isn't that great.  At 700W I see 25C delta with my Alphacool block (and it's a linear relationship so 350W would have to be 12.5C unless it's a workload that is slamming the VRAM instead of the core).  It's not just mounting pressure it's also how much of an interference fit they design in to it.  With a really big die and too aggressive of an interference fit the base of the block can bow like / \ away from the die and cause shittier temperatures.

EK blocks suck IMO but I'll save that rant.  I wouldn't be that concerned about 55C core temperature where I'd be ripping stuff apart or replacing the block.  Just not worth it.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)