Pc heats up whenever it loads literally anything.

benny10004
Go to solution Solved by Biohazard777,

Sudden spikes usually indicate a bad mount or bad thermal paste, either way bad thermal conductivity between the CPU and the cooler.
That being said 15C difference in a couple of seconds is perfectly normal (as @Shimejiialready pointed out).

15 minutes ago, benny10004 said:

This is quite weird because my computer has no cooling problem, I can play triple A games at constant temperature, like 50 ish or 60 ish degree.

As long as your under load tempts are fine it isn't really worth even thinking about. 7950X Tjmax is 95C... you are well bellow.
Games will probably not put 100% load on your CPU, run a CPU stress test and check the temps, if you are still a long way from 95C then really - stop worrying about it 😀.

So, since Friday, my computer starts to heat up insanely whenever it loads literally anything, but then it would cool down a few seconds after. If I open YouTube or a video, it would go from 40C to 55C in a second or 2, then start to go back down almost immediately after, and stabilizes back at 40C in a matter of a few seconds. Sometime it can go to over 60C if I open multiple tabs quickly, then it goes back down very quickly. I will say it load everything very quickly.

This is quite weird because my computer has no cooling problem, I can play triple A games at constant temperature, like 50 ish or 60 ish degree. Literally opening YouTube heats my processor more than playing intense games.

Do you guys have any idea as to why it goes up that high in temperature whenever it loads anything.

Specs:

7950x

1600 Watts psu

Fully hardline watercooled.

2 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

This is 100% normal behavior. Your using your CPU and doing tasks with it, its gonna heat up a little bit. 

Why is it so insane though, I don't believe it was that way before. It literally heats up whenever I connect my headphones, lol.

Maybe I am wrong, I in no way mean to disregard what you are saying, I just find it hard to believe.

2 minutes ago, benny10004 said:

Why is it so insane though, I don't believe it was that way before. It literally heats up whenever I connect my headphones, lol.

Maybe I am wrong, I in no way mean to disregard what you are saying, I just find it hard to believe.

46-60c really isnt uncommon on most ryzen CPUS. Even some intel cpus have similar behavior when doing a lot of tasks on the desktop without much of a load. Just depends on what you are doing

Sudden spikes usually indicate a bad mount or bad thermal paste, either way bad thermal conductivity between the CPU and the cooler.
That being said 15C difference in a couple of seconds is perfectly normal (as @Shimejiialready pointed out).

15 minutes ago, benny10004 said:

This is quite weird because my computer has no cooling problem, I can play triple A games at constant temperature, like 50 ish or 60 ish degree.

As long as your under load tempts are fine it isn't really worth even thinking about. 7950X Tjmax is 95C... you are well bellow.
Games will probably not put 100% load on your CPU, run a CPU stress test and check the temps, if you are still a long way from 95C then really - stop worrying about it 😀.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

2 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

Thanks man,

My concern isn't about the durability of the cpu, it's more so about fan noises. Havinng the fan just randomely spins every 3 min because it's loading a new song in my playlist is incredibly annoying to the point where I try to not load much if I am not wearing headphones.

Anyway, it's as you said probably fine.

Not worth doing changes in this pc I've already spent so much time and money on.

Have a good day.

2 minutes ago, benny10004 said:

Thanks man,

My concern isn't about the durability of the cpu, it's more so about fan noises. Havinng the fan just randomely spins every 3 min because it's loading a new song in my playlist is incredibly annoying to the point where I try to not load much if I am not wearing headphones.

Not worth doing changes in this pc I've already spent so much time and money on.

Have a good day.

You are welcome.
As for the noise, ehh you'll have to spend some time adjusting the fan curves so it is less annoying.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

13 minutes ago, benny10004 said:

Thanks man,

Have a good day.

Download a program called Fan Control, You can manually set fan speeds or have it on a auto one. I generally keep my fans at 50% at Idle (they are 800 PM at 50%) But you could do it lower if you have high RPM fans. Quite useful to me since you dont have to keep going back to bios.

24 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Download a program called Fan Control, You can manually set fan speeds or have it on a auto one. I generally keep my fans at 50% at Idle (they are 800 PM at 50%) But you could do it lower if you have high RPM fans. Quite useful to me since you dont have to keep going back to bios.

I already have Gigabyte control center, which I believe can allow me to change fan RPM. It's also how I monitor temperature.