PC restarts every Thursday night after 10pm

SemiSolid1

I have notice that every Thursday night after 10pm my pc restarts. It will do it multiple times. The next day it is fine and runs normal. I don't know how long it will keep restarting as I usually get off 2 hours later. Any ideas what can cause this weekly timed restarts?

I also reformatted my HDD but it still does it. Also noticed sometimes when I put it to sleep when I go to bed I will wake up the next day and it will be on.

Specs:

Windows 8 pro

I5 3570k

asrock z77 extreme 4

corsair gs700

Kingston hyperx blu 16GB

Asus 660 OC

Could be automatic maintenance or Windows update? 

Nope. Screen either goes black, grey, red, whatever random colour. I still hear sound sometimes for a few seconds then it restarts (straight to the Asrock boot screen)

It could be automatic disk defrag. Try disabling scheduled defrags.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Nope. Screen either goes black, grey, red, whatever random colour. I still hear sound sometimes for a few seconds then it restarts (straight to the Asrock boot screen)

Is there anything is BIOS settings?  :/  Or have you got a scheduled virus scan or defrag with restart? 

That or the people who died in his house really dont like thursdays.

or they really suck at trolling people. 

It could be automatic disk defrag. Try disabling scheduled defrags.

Not sure how.

Probably have wake timers? I had the same issues, but I realized it had wake timers on. So I disabled it, and now it's gone! :D

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Is there anything is BIOS settings?  :/  Or have you got a scheduled virus scan or defrag with restart? 

I cleared BIOS after reformatting my C drive to make sure nothing was messed up. I don't have scheduled virus scan. Not sure how to defrag so I will say no.

Not sure how.

HDD.jpg

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I cleared BIOS after reformatting my C drive to make sure nothing was messed up. I don't have scheduled virus scan. Not sure how to defrag so I will say no.

HDD.jpg

^

|

You can also go to task scheduler and Go Library>Microsoft>Windows>Defrag and make sure the schedule defrag task is disabled. 

HDD.jpg

Only here I see a gy with a beautiful mobo as his home screen xD

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

HDD.jpg

I turned it off. It was set to weekly. If it restarts again tonight I will repost here. If not I shall find out next week. Thank you.

Oh come on! I thought it would be wake timers!

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Though, disk defrg might be your problem, had it once, turned it off, never happened again

and who's that chick in your profile pic, for research purposes 

Only here I see a gy with a beautiful mobo as his home screen xD

ASRock Z97 OC Formula :wub:

Though, disk defrg might be your problem, had it once, turned it off, never happened again

IK. DAT ASS THO.

ASRock Z97 OC Formula :wub:

love it man

Research must be done! Misa Campo

IK. DAT ASS THO.

Nah, man those eyes, I love the eyes more than everything, but lets focus on the subject

Research must be done! Misa Campo

Was she the chick who was the home screen in NFS Undergroud 2? 

I turned it off. It was set to weekly. If it restarts again tonight I will repost here. If not I shall find out next week. Thank you.

I hope its all fixed :) Just quote me and I'll come reply as fast as I can if it happens again :)

Was she the chick who was the home screen in NFS Undergroud 2? 

Nope just a model I found a few years back