Lag spikes on rx6800xt

CickenJoe24

I keep getting tremendous lag spikes on a game called Ready or Not and other games. I have my msi afterburner running and showing that the cpu and gpu utilization is at %50. I have looked at benchmarks and seen that the game runs perfectly fine with a rx6800xt at max graphics. I was thinking maybe the hdd might be causing the problems. But I also just got the card used but it doesnt crash or have thermal problems. 

PC specs 

R7 2700x

Rx6800xt 

WD 2tb 5600rpm hdd

16gb 3200 ram

mate you need a ssd. it is the fault of the slow hdd. getting a ssd will be the best upgrade you ever make

47 minutes ago, CickenJoe24 said:

I keep getting tremendous lag spikes on a game called Ready or Not and other games. I have my msi afterburner running and showing that the cpu and gpu utilization is at %50. I have looked at benchmarks and seen that the game runs perfectly fine with a rx6800xt at max graphics. I was thinking maybe the hdd might be causing the problems. But I also just got the card used but it doesnt crash or have thermal problems. 

PC specs 

R7 2700x

Rx6800xt 

WD 2tb 5600rpm hdd

16gb 3200 ram

If you're not booting and/or loading games off of at least a PCIe 3.0 m.2 SSD, you're going to have this issue.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017