How to connect 4+4 CPU Power NZXT 1000W

CPlusPlus1408
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,
12 minutes ago, CPlusPlus1408 said:

Both sides of the second cable are 4+4,

They shouldn't be.

Is there text printed on the connector saying "PSU" or "CPU"? PSU is the side that goes in to the power supply and CPU is the side that plugs in to the motherboard.

Hi,

I got a new PC with an NZXT C 1000W Power Supply and a Asus Prime Z690 Prime-P WIFI D4 Motherboard. On that motherboard is a 8 Pin and a 4 Pin connector for the CPU power. The power supply has 1 8pin cable and 1 4+4pin cable. But the problem is, I don't know how to connect the 4+4pin cable to the power supply, because there is this thick plastic clamp in the middle (because you can split the cable), which does not fit in any of the outlets. Could not find anything in the manual. Any ideas?

The 4+4 side of the cable goes in to the motherboard. Plug the other end of the cable in to the power supply.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Both sides of the second cable are 4+4, thats why it does not fit into the power supply, as far as I can tell.

12 minutes ago, CPlusPlus1408 said:

Both sides of the second cable are 4+4,

They shouldn't be.

Is there text printed on the connector saying "PSU" or "CPU"? PSU is the side that goes in to the power supply and CPU is the side that plugs in to the motherboard.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On the cable -> CPU. On the motherboard -> ATX_12V_2 (8pin) & ATX_12V_1 (4pin)

I'm sorry, you were right. The cables a slightly different on both sides. Still splittable, but if I reverse it, it works...thx for the hint