No display on reboot

BreastNectar

Hello, first time poster! 
I have a build I’m working on for my friend and I was able to get windows installed and everything fine. Next time I went to turn the pc on I have no display out. I troubleshooted for hours and thought it was the psu. Got a new one and same problem. If I unplug the psu from the wall and wait about 5 min, then plug it back in the pc will boot. I can run a benchmark and use it like normal. However, once I reboot it I will hear the windows chime but I have no display out in windows or bios until I disconnect power again. 

I’ve tried known good ram, gpu, etc same problem. The only thing I can think of is the Mobo being faulty. I’m at a loss because it works as expected even under load until reboot. Strangest issue I’ve encountered. Thoughts?

specs:

Ryzen 5600x

16gb Ddr4 3200 

ROG Strix 3070

750w Corsair psu

1 TB Samsung 980

Asus TUF b450 gaming PLUS II

is it possible to test it with a different monitor? 
get it to the faulted state and then swap to a known good monitor and see if it is still black screen

Agree with ohYou if you you get a windows chime the pc is booting up and you tested it with a know working gpu the main suspect is the screen. Could be it has an issue with waking up while the pc still has power. You could also try repluging the display from the pc/power when it happens

2 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

is it possible to test it with a different monitor? 
get it to the faulted state and then swap to a known good monitor and see if it is still black screen

Tried 3 displays thus far. No luck. Also tried unplugging and reconnecting with both hdmi and DisplayPort cables. 

I managed to do a fresh windows install and the issue is resolved. No idea why it prevent video output in bios but is all good now.

Edit: Issue came back. No luck