Is it just me or is YouTube running with less CPU usage in Firefox?

Hi, I just had the most strange revelation. My gaming rig (albeit old) can get pretty toasty if it is playing 4k video at 60fps on YouTube. Out of curiosity I looked at my CPU-usage while playing 4k 60fps YouTube videos. 

To my surprise Firefox ran with substantially lower CPU-usage in the same video. One would expect chrome to work the best as it is made by Google also and has the dominant web engine.  See my files/pictures also. Do anyone know the reason. It this is across the board then it could perhaps merit a video. I notice now Firefox has higher GPU usage, there in might be the awnser. Firefox was also more smooth.

Wishes PK97

Youtube_4k_60fps.png

i think it may be time for a new computer

4 minutes ago, pannkakskungen97 said:

It this is across the board then it could perhaps merit a video.

most people arent using 11 year old systems

possibly a difference in processing, possibly part of the behind-the-scenes javascript not working on firefox, possibly plugins...

in other words - without more in depth testing, this is a "defenate maybe".

Chrome tends to do special things with Google sites. Firefox and Chrome might be using different audio or video codecs that are more or less stressful on your CPU/GPU. You can right click on the YouTube video and select "Stats for nerds" to see if anything there changes between browsers. Otherwise maybe Firefox just supports your system better.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Okey thanks for all the speculations and ideas. Do anyone experience the same in their system? 

Or is this as some suggested simply too system specific to be a relevant observation. 

I will check the "stats for nerds" tomorrow and post it here.