Odd behaviours upgrading to Ryzen 7 5800x

Horizzon

So let me prefface: One of these might be an issue because I'm trying something stupid, but its still weird.

I forgot the R7 5800x doesnt come with a stock cooler, so I tried to use my Ryzen 5 2600's stock one, I got thermal paste (Corsair tm30) and applied enough. I was assuming this would work temporarily until I get the rest of my new stuff on Thursday (PSU, Case, AIO).

That's the context here's the problems:
-Doesn't boot with more than 1 stick of RAM (DDR4-3000 TridentZ RGB 8gb sticks)

-in BIOS the CPU temp steadily rises into the 70s and up
-I can't boot into win11 to check the temps because of the TPM change giving me a PIN error, when windows prompts a microsoft account window, it says no internet connection. I am on a motherboard ethernet port.

Motherboard is a asus b450m-a on rev. 3202. Haven't tried updating because I'm not sure if the Temp issue could even be remedied by that.

PC Boots no problems with old CPU. (Currently posting this from there)

Edit: Things maybe worth noting: I've tried a different Ethernet cable and reseating the CPU and Cooler.

First issue, your cooler is probably not enough to properly cool your chip. Forgive me if I'm wrong but if it is the wraith stealth I wouldn't expect much. But maybe try to reapply your thermal paste and remount your cooler.

Second issue with the RAM, I'd say try running a BIOS update to make sure you are using a compatible firmware for your new CPU.

Third issue, you are missing drivers for your Ethernet. You'll need to boot into windows first and install them. Someone else will have to sign off in the comments the best way to do this now, as I usually just sign in with my MS account or choose to create local account (I think that's still a feature of Pro).

Edit, disregard that last one, Misread what your error was. You might have to swap back to old CPU and disable any bitlocker or other encryption before making the CPU swap. Also, the fact that internet doesn't work, makes me feel like the Ethernet chip's resources were changed (IRQs) when you swapped the CPU. So Windows might need to boot first to reinitialize those.

Gave it a remount, same issues, it's probably not gonna work so I cancelled my AIO and I have a NH-D15 coming tomorrow.
Turnt off logging in w/ password and going through my settings today to see if there's other encryption stuff on.

Will update when I can.

According to the changelog for your current bios version it does not have win11 support by default without changing bios settings.I would start by updating that, might solve the ram and windows boot issues. As for the temperatures i think you just need a proper cooler the 5800x can draw a lot more power than a 2600 and that stock cooler isnt very big