ram and more ram

is there a benfit of 4 stics vs 2 sticks of ram if ur not planing to upgrade

4 single sided sticks = dual rank so there is a performance benifit to it. If its 4 double sided sticks thatd be quad rank which has no performance benifit and makes ram clocking capabilities worse

Dual rank is ideal since you dont need to push it that far (nor will it ever go much past 4600 even on intel) to get good performance, sure single rank is great for brute speed 5200+ in gear 2 or desync fclk assuming you got an ic capable of those speeds (8gbit rev e, djr, and 16gbit rev b) but its a pain to stabilize and just run that speed whereas dual rank just run it at 3800-4200 and done, no ram fans no 1.6v+ (unless you are dumb enough to overtighten CL and twcl) no ridicolously volatile rams thatll crash when they got too hot

if you are asking about aesthetics if that is somehow a "benifit" then 4 sticks does look better than 2 sticks rgb or not, no empty unfilled slots. Unless you are buying klevv or crucial (guaranteed hynix djr or micron rev e) its unwise to pair 2 2x8 kits due to potential compatibility issues cause different ram ics (some ics just hate eachother), usually the manufacturers of rgb ram sell dummy lighting sticks to fill the empty slots

Quad channel ram can have a huge performance benefit IF your CPU and programs (and of course your mobo) supports it.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.